android
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM

That's too much work for me, personally. My next player will have gawd-knows-what album art size, so I just use 500-1000px on all albums. Semi-future-proof, or something along these lines. I'm a strong believer in that a player should work for me, not the other way round.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-18-2009, 06:00 PM

The original album arts that I got the resized ones from are in the folders with them for future use, I have a tool that resizes any selected number of images in one go to a specific size. Takes a small amount of time and worth it IMO. The S9 has a decent image resizer on it, just not perfect. Yet.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:31 AM

I know this is going to sound really basic but could anyone tell me how to resize my album art so that it fills the screen of the Cowon s9? The album art both from windows media player and mediamonkey comes up smaller than the full screen of the s9. What can I do?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 AM

Not a basic question at all.
I use a program called Photoscape. I downloaded it free from cnet.
It will suit your needs for resizing and cropping images for the s9.
The photoscape interface is simple and straightforward.
I retrieve most of my images from Google by simply typing in the album title and/or artist.
It's best to save an image that is larger and downsize, as it will still retain clarity.
In an about album art thread it was discussed and recommended that album art be re-sized to 274x274.

Just on a side note:
The Cowon s9 allows multiple album art.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:41 PM

Hello elecpharm, err 2 things. Firstly I tried what you said and resized an album cover which was initially bigger than 274x274 pixels down to exactly 274x274 but it's still the same (smaller) size on the cowon s9 as all the other album art so it doesn't appear to have made any difference whatsoever. Any ideas? Plus when you say that the s9 supports multiple album art, what do you mean?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:34 PM

my #1 source for quality album art: http://www.albumartexchange.com/

othewise, amazon.com has a lot too.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
That's too much work for me, personally. My next player will have gawd-knows-what album art size, so I just use 500-1000px on all albums. Semi-future-proof, or something along these lines. I'm a strong believer in that a player should work for me, not the other way round.
My thoughts exactly. What even if Cowon releases a firmware update that fixes the way the S9 downsizes the album artwork?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broilster View Post
Hello elecpharm, err 2 things. Firstly I tried what you said and resized an album cover which was initially bigger than 274x274 pixels down to exactly 274x274 but it's still the same (smaller) size on the cowon s9 as all the other album art so it doesn't appear to have made any difference whatsoever. Any ideas? Plus when you say that the s9 supports multiple album art, what do you mean?
You'll need a music uci that supports bigger album art.Check out Nova's Themes or claws wallpaper uci which gives you the option of bigger album art in its user settings.
Multiple album art means a file is embedded with more than one album art and the S9 is able to cycle through them as the song is being played.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Multiple album art means a file is embedded with more than one album art and the S9 is able to cycle through them as the song is being played.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4y9IyK8VFI
Awesome! How can I embed more than one image as album art, or do I have to use the other method (folder.jpg / cover.jpg files in with the music files)?

Cos This will be awesome for CDs that have slipcases, or even double CDs, etc...

Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertedskull View Post
What even if Cowon releases a firmware update that fixes the way the S9 downsizes the album artwork?
I'm using Claw's UI with 272x272 album art display, and most JPEGs are resized properly for me. Some look a bit more jagged, but generally I can't complain about the looks. Wonder what makes some images look better than other - my embedded AA is all baseline JPEG, not progressive.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 AM

Can anyone tell me how to embed more than one piece of album artwork?

Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertedskull View Post
Can anyone tell me how to embed more than one piece of album artwork?
This is how I do it with Mp3tag and Firefox browser:
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/s...1WSVVdWFpeVl5d

In mp3tag select the music file/s you want to tag.
In Firefox go to http://www.albumart.org/ and search for the covers you want.(I use Firefox because it allows me to drag and drop the jpg's straight into Mp3tag's album art box).
When you've found the covers you want click on view larger image and drag and drop them into Mp3tag's album art box.
Select file save in Mp3tag's menu. Job done.

Of course you can use covers you have saved on your computer if you want.

Last edited by Soapy; 08-11-2009 at 04:04 AM.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Not that the S9 can interpret/display multiple embedded album art in ID3v2.3 (to the best of my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Old 08-10-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalself View Post
Media monkey was giving me hell and not saving the art into all songs in a track so I used mp3tag.
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html
Quick and easy and now all my songs show their art.
Yeah, last I checked, MediaMonkey takes two steps. First is to rip the CD and make the MP3s and then the second step is to apply the album art. I found this to be stupid. It should be one step. But this is getting off topic...

You could also try Tag&Rename. Great program. Might be tricky to use at first though.