android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 Firmware

Old 08-07-2009, 06:25 PM

Unhappy My Sandisk Sansa Won't Allow Me To Add Music...says it needs 6 MB...HELP!

Okay I made the mistake of using Windows to format my Sandisk Sansa E260 (4 GB) and now I can't get it to be recognized in Windows at all unless I am in recovery mode and then I get the folder popping up under My Computer calling it 16MB-Format. When I do re-boot it without using Recovery mode and unconnected from the USB I get a message that pops up saying:

Not enough space for MusicDB, please free 6 MB.

Can ANYONE help me? Please make all instructions in very simple terms. I just barely learned a few hours ago on how to get into recovery mode. All and ANY help would be so greatly appreciated.

P.S. I can still get onto the main screen and select the different things like music, photos, etc. and even still listen to the radio but I can't add any music or do anything with it beyond that. According the Info I have Version 01.02.18A. I also hopefully have included the only thing (called VERSION) that was found in the 16MB-Format.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERSION.TXT (512 Bytes, 2 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Administrator

I have repaired my Sansas that went wacky using the Ultimate Fix. Most often just using the sansa.fmt file and a safe disconnect fixed them. Hope you have backups for your files.

Good Luck.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:59 PM

Unhappy

Okay I tried the Ultimate Fix and now I get a message stating "Refresh Database Failed."

Now what can I do???

Old 08-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Do you use the horrible MTP transfer protocol, or is your e200 normal MSC?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator

The link I posted was the only one I needed to get my e250 up and going again. I had to do the steps several times (four I think) but eventually it worked. Dropping the the mi4 file and the sansa.fmt into the 16 mb recovery drive eventually worked.

There are other threads about the database refreshing problem but I have no personal knowledge of how to do that. There is also a thread a thread in the Rockbox Twiki on how to unbrick a Sansa V1 and how to use manufacturing mode in Linux.

Hope one of these works for you. Good Luck.