android
Old 10-31-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Look What I Made

i fond the kits for the pre amp and amp on some website and i built the rest with my tin snips and my craftsmen jig saw and some redwood ply

and the whole thing

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-12-2006, 11:56 PM

Time to make a custom enclosure for your kit..

Kudos for doing what so many have no idea how to do these days, build your own. Knowing how things work is so important and most only know how to operate a remote control and that's the extent of their knowledge. Nice Job...

Here's your next project.. make one of these...

Sennheiser Orpheus Headphone Amp....

Old 12-16-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utew View Post
Time to make a custom enclosure for your kit..

Kudos for doing what so many have no idea how to do these days, build your own. Knowing how things work is so important and most only know how to operate a remote control and that's the extent of their knowledge. Nice Job...

Here's your next project.. make one of these...

Sennheiser Orpheus Headphone Amp....
I got to listen to this 2 weekends ago at the Head-fi meet..Need i tell you that its AMAZING to say the least. However, the most amazing setup was a pair of Sony R10s and a Ray Samuals B52 tube amp. I even got to meet Ray himself and the owner of Headroom.com =)

Old 12-18-2006, 02:06 AM

Thanks for making me jealous....

Anything that you can put into words about either one of systems?

Old 12-19-2006, 02:24 AM

hehe, soo much to say ....there were sooo many awesome setups. You have to check out the pics, they say a thousand words.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211532

Im in the guy in the middle with the hat backwards, in the first picture. I posted my thoughts there.

However...just a short version...The Orpheus is extreme nice. They are very crisp..but not over the top. They are sorta warm. I cant really put into words, but the sound is airy...with tube amps the sound is just soo perfect it just hard to explain.

The Sony r10s were as much detail if not more, alittle more isolation too. I cant belive how much those headphones cost. I was amazed that Ray's new mini amp (tomahawk) can power the R10s. They are however HUGE and alittle weird to wear on the head.

AKG k1000s were a mixed bag for me. I loved them and hated them all at once. If you never seen these, i wouldnt really cosider them headphones. They are more like head speakers. There is no isolation what so ever, so you can pretty much hear everything. They sound strange at first, but once you get them into a nice tube amp they just open up. Not bass heavy at all, but nice and tight...almost like a timpani sound.

Just alittle words