android
Old 03-17-2009, 06:43 PM

Default Choice between Fiio E5 & Boostaroo Splitter and Amplifier

Hi,
I am seeking advice on the better of these 2 products for my purpose.
I like to listen to my zen in the car. The car has no audio jack socket or cassette port. I have tried various different fm transmitters with varying degrees of success from the frankly awful to the not very good. The signal transmitted by the best of them is not very loud which means I have to whack the volume up on both the zen and the car head unit, which means I get a lot of fm static and noise in the quieter parts. My thinking is, the sound quality is much improved (though still not good) with the zen turned up, so if I got a bit more oomph before the transmitter and after the zen I would not have to have the zen or the radio so loud.

So, which is better? Obviously if the hiss generated by the amp negates or worsens the background noise it's a no go. I'm inclined to the E5 as it has a usb chargeable battery and is smaller, and the spec suggests its louder too...they're both about 18 on Amazon

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2009, 01:31 AM

Default I have the Boostaroo Revolution 4-ch and the FiiO E5

The Boostaroo Revolution is supposedly a superior amp to the Boostaroo you speak of.

The choice is obvious. The FiiO is a clearly superior amp. The Boostaroo are treble enhancing and volume enhancing amps (drastic volume enhancement), while the FiiO do somewhat more "normal" volume enhancement (note, not PAINFUL) and provide a more balanced, and in the case of the E5, a selectable Bass Boosting option.

Go with the FiiO E5.