android
Old 08-05-2009, 05:56 PM

Default resolve volume limit S9 European Union

This thread details how to resolve poor volume for EU users.
Having read many great reviews on this site i bit the bullet bought the S9 then started experimenting with different phones. For my sins i settled on three sets Senn cx300 for bass & affordability, SHure SE210 for sound stage and Bose Triport for all round use and the advantage of not completely shutting out outside sounds.

However i was disappointed that the Triport was only usable with a headphone amp.

So I have had a little play with the S9 and discovered that volume increments between 30 & 40 on the S9 did not increase the volume at the phones. This lead to the discovery that when configured for European Union the S9 is indeed limited at this level.

Fix - As per cowon manual reset S9 to initial config by deleting PARAM.CFG from the System foler of the player.
Restart player - Select appropriate language (This will not affect the volume) - Next ensure you select Non European Union for the region - finally select the appropriate region for the FM receiver.

Now plug in some phones and prepare yourself for the full power of the Cowon (it took me three weeks to get this far, I was starting to doubt all the reviews, however I am now fully converted to this great player, the Sony now seems muddy in comparison.) and no longer have to resort to the Amp.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?p=217295
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=367218

Closed Thread