android
Old 07-21-2009, 08:27 PM

I just compiled a fresh copy of RB and it won't load...don't think it's anything I've done wrong as I've compiled RB before including installing the bootloader from scratch. Just seems weird that it doesn't load...Old version works OK.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Rockbox Developer

rockbox has still problems with internal storage / µSD filesystem corruption so i would suggest checking your fuze filesystem

Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 PM

Ok, I tried formatting and re-syncing my music but it still freezes at the Rockbox logo.

Boot Ver. unknown-090418

If I hold power down I get the following:
Loading firmware
Length: 7CFF0
Checksum: 321D574
Model name: fuze
Loading rockbox.sansa
Sum: 321D574
Executing

Of course if I replace the new rockbox.sansa with the old it boots up fine.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Ok, I tried formatting and re-syncing my music but it still freezes at the Rockbox logo.

Boot Ver. unknown-090418

Of course if I replace the new rockbox.sansa with the old it boots up fine.
It seems that you haven't installed the latest bootloader for Fuze. You need to get it from rockbox from there http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=22137.105

Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 PM

I hate to ask this,

but what can the current rockbox do for this? can it listen to music and scrobble last.fm plays because thats all I really want.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezlink View Post
I hate to ask this,

but what can the current rockbox do for this? can it listen to music and scrobble last.fm plays because thats all I really want.
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WhyRockbox
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/LastFMLog

Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 AM

Just a big thanks to everyone contributing their experiences to this thread! I have been a long time e200 rockboxer, but after discovering the sound quality of the Clip, I sought out a v1 Fuze for some rockbox goodness. Boy am I glad I did!

I seriously have not heard a better sounding player - especially for the $60 price point of the 8gb refurb v1! The Fuze sounded good with the old firmware, but hot damn - with a few minutes of rockbox EQ, proper precut, etc., I am totally blown away.

Now I can't wait for full USB support, etc.!

Cheers to the devs and all of us willing guinea pigs!

Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 AM

Ok, think making the new bootloader fixed it. Too tired right now to compile the latest daily build so I'll post back later tomorrow.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:04 PM

THANK YOU to all the developers and very early testers of this port.. I just recieved my v1 Fuze, played with the OF for 5 minutes, and Rockbox called my name.. Installed without a single problem, and I have to say I am more than impressed! Been playing with it for a few hours, and all the features I planned on using are suiting me very well. After messing with the EQ on rockbox, I can't even call the custom EQ in the OF an eq at all... It's more like... an unequalizer. Thank you, developers. THANK YOU!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljesusfreak View Post
THANK YOU to all the developers and very early testers of this port.. I just recieved my v1 Fuze, played with the OF for 5 minutes, and Rockbox called my name.. Installed without a single problem, and I have to say I am more than impressed! Been playing with it for a few hours, and all the features I planned on using are suiting me very well. After messing with the EQ on rockbox, I can't even call the custom EQ in the OF an eq at all... It's more like... an unequalizer. Thank you, developers. THANK YOU!
ok...THAT'S IT!..."LUCILLE" is getting Rockboxed!
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 08-02-2009, 10:15 PM

Do it!

Old 08-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
She will love you for it!

(Unless it kills her. )

Old 08-04-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
Haven't named mine yet, but I had a similar push to RB it.

I followed this guide and it got it working just fine once I formatted my Fuze through the OF settings.

Most features seem to work, but I'd like to start tweaking with some themes and games. I'm having no luck there because when I plug in to my PC, the device only shows the default folders (not the .rockbox folder). Any suggestions for gaining access to my .rockbox folder?

Also, I have a nice set of Sennheiser HD595's and reasonably good ears, but I'm very inexperienced in setting EQs. Any suggestions for good settings?

I'm looking forward to the full release when RB will be even easier to install...

Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 AM

Try to enable the option to see hidden folders in your file browser.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 AM

"ctrl + H" if you're on linux

Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovesky View Post
"ctrl + H" if you're on linux
I wish I was working in linux Sadly USB isn't working on my VirtualBox Ubuntu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaus View Post
Try to enable the option to see hidden folders in your file browser.
Thanks for the suggestion, but after reading some threads I had tried this already. Both hidden folders and hidden files are enabled (and showing up in other areas), but still no luck on my Fuze. Could it be a MTP/MSC issue as one user mentions in this thread? I'm working in 64bit Vista Home *hangs head in shame* btw.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus5380 View Post
Both hidden folders and hidden files are enabled (and showing up in other areas), but still no luck on my Fuze. Could it be a MTP/MSC issue as one user mentions in this thread? I'm working in 64bit Vista Home *hangs head in shame* btw.
MSC is needed to install rockbox, so if you got it installed you're running MSC. If hidden files don't show up, I'd assume its because you haven't really enabled showing them. Nothing else should be required.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
MSC is needed to install rockbox, so if you got it installed you're running MSC. If hidden files don't show up, I'd assume its because you haven't really enabled showing them. Nothing else should be required.
I'll try mounting on a Linux box later today and see if anything shows. In Windows Vista however, I don't know anything to change besides Folder Options -> View -> "Show hidden files and folders" and disable "Hide protected operating system files". Is there another option somewhere to show hidden folders/files on an external device?

Thanks for your help - I really appreciate it!

EDIT: Problem solved. Apparently formatting my Fuze also changed the file mode to Auto instead of MSC. Once I changed it back to MSC in the original firmware, all the regular Rockbox folders showed up and theme/game addons are working nicely.

Whoohoo for a working RB Fuze! I'm using that nice XL Fuzed theme posted earlier and loving it

Last edited by spartacus5380; 08-04-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:15 PM

So Rockboxed for Fuze isn't a beta now?

You should update the first post with download links and any info that would be helpful to those who would like to install Rockboxed.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
So Rockboxed for Fuze isn't a beta now?
It still isn't a supported target. Status info here: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaAMS