android
Old 08-01-2009, 06:07 AM

Default Two quick questions about ID3/album art

I'm a fairly new owner of the S9 and I'm sure these questions have been asked over and over, but I couldn't find anything and I suck at searching for stuff...

I run the Asurada Style UCI / Squarescape 1.0b, if this matters, and firmware 2.30.

What I'm having problems with is the fact that it seems that the player keeps ID3 information somehow? Like I'll have a band with a typo in the name in one album, so it gets listed twice, but that remains even after I fix the ID3 tags in the files and re-transfer them to my S9. Why isn't the S9 recognizing the change in ID3? Can I fix this? Even weirder to me is that only certain albums are giving me trouble with this. (And while we're on the subject, what's an easy tagger that's NOT also a media library?)

Also, as far as I can figure, album art should just be a JPEG in the album folder? Then why do only about 1/10 of the images I put on there show up in the actual player? I do nothing different for the ones that do show up, so I don't get it...

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 AM

LOL, just because I just posted a thread, the S9 now recognizes my ID3 changes. It seems that it won't accept the changes unless I move the files to HDD, tag and then re-transfer. If I change the tag with the files still on the S9, they stay the same. That's pretty weird to me...

Old 08-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It has to do with how the S9 builds a database about the files it has on board. I don't think it updates until it thinks it's getting new files. A simple edit of the files already on board doesn't trigger it.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
It has to do with how the S9 builds a database about the files it has on board. I don't think it updates until it thinks it's getting new files. A simple edit of the files already on board doesn't trigger it.
I doubt this would happen to me, but this is good to know. I am anal about my tags and would ensure I would change the files on my computer first, and them re-send them to the MP3 player.

You might consider embedding the artwork into the music files. Less files on the MP3 player that way.

A good (but maybe not "easy") ID3 tagging program is Tag&Rename. It's great for mass tagging and mass renaming files. Plus, there's no music library.