android
Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 PM

Default Creative Zii is Real and Final

Hey guys,

I know there's already been a thread regarding the pre-release notions of the Zii. Just wanted to start a new one with the final details of the Zii Egg.

Anyways, I know it may look and feel a lot like an iTouch, but I just want to highlight some noticeable features of the Zii Egg which will definitely make it overthrow the iTouch and other iPOD devices.

Best features (I think) over iTouch:
-a version of Android optimized for the Zii chip
-Plaszma development kit (open-source OS with C++ support (compared to Google Android's Java)
-Zii chip (fast Creative stem-cell computing)
-Creative's X-fi Sound Enhancement Technology
-SDHDC Slot (32GB built-in+32GB SD=64GB)
-Dual cameras (HD and VGA)
-built-in speaker and microphone

Best part is that this device is starting off with a retail price of $199USD (cheaper than the cheapest iTouch).

Checkout more at the Official Zii Egg Site
</EMBED>
You can also checkout a Youtube demo here.

</EMBED>
</EMBED>

More specs (as featured on Epizenter.net):
Zii Egg Specs:

• Capacitive 10-point multi-gesture touch display
• 3.5” 320x480 true-color display
• Up to 32GB internal plus SDHC slot (supports up to 32GB of external SDHC Card)
• Supports: MP3, WMA, AAC, WMV, H.264, MPEG-4, AVI, and MOV (These are unconfirmed codecs for now)
• X-Fi audio processing
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• 3-axis Accelerometer
• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
• Hardware GPS receiver
• 32MB NOR (Linux Kernel Boot ROM)
• 256MB Mobile DDR RAM
• Supports 720p and 1080p HDTVs via HD cable
•Headphone socket, built-in speaker and microphone
• Dual cameras
- Forward facing HD camera
- Rear facing VGA camera
• 1200mAH rechargeable lithium-ion
• 115 x 62 x 12 mm (108grams)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-29-2009, 12:12 AM

OMG! The Zii is finally here! And the specs look great. I wonder when they will make this available to the masses! I would buy the SDK though if I have programming knowledge! www.zii.com

Old 07-29-2009, 12:46 AM

man i am glad to say i have fallen in love with Zii i can't wait for it to come to consumers.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

This topic already exists in 2 other threads:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=45568

And this 1 is even older (started by matha stewert):

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=38151

Please stop creating new threads on the same topics, it just creates clutter in the forums.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 AM

Too bad we won't see this on the shelves until after the Zune HD is out, another missed oppoutunity for creative. I am getting sick of betting on this nag of a horse. I have bought Creative devices exclusively for the past 5 years. 2 zen mircos, 1 Vision M, 1 Vision W, and 2 Zen's of the recent generation. I love the products, but hate the fact that I have to wait 12-24 months for creative to come to market with technology that somewhat comepetes with that fruit company stuff. Finally they come up with the Zii, cutting edge, all the bells and whistles, everything we have been waiting for...BUT they make it look exactly like an iphone. really creative, fuck now I get to look like everyone else out there. Now when people ask "is that an ipod?" I will have to say "yep pretty much"...

And to top it off even if I wanted this apple clone I cant buy one from creative, I will have to buy one from at&t or verizon, or some company that I have no loyalty to. This is such a shame. I took back a Zune 80gb when I saw the last Vision W on the planet at Circuit City a year or so ago. Now I am just waiting on the Zune HD to hit the shelves. I am willing to deal with all the M$ bs as long as it does not look like an ipod or iphone.

Creative you are making it really difficult to be a loyal customer.

Edit:

Who the fuck am I kidding, I will probably buy this thing too, it's like crack...only your not selling your kidneys to get it.

DAMN YOU CREATIVE!!!

Last edited by lawnarjax; 07-29-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I will have to buy one from at&t or verizon, or some company that I have no loyalty to.
what are you talking about? its a mp3 player, not a phone -.-. I'm assuming this will be sold from creative as well, right now you can buy them if you want to buy the sdk too.