android
Old 07-28-2009, 02:09 PM

Specs that make most laptops blush... on paper.

But will it play MP3s?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The outside camera is good for 1080p video recording and 1920 x 1080 photos. The inner camera is VGA quality for video messaging/skype video/etc.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

And some people were talking poop about me getting a ZHD!!! After seeing this, and knowing (hoping actually) that the commercial product is right around the corner, I've found a new toy to play with. Hurry Creative, this is 5yrs overdue!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Here's the video:

Old 07-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Looks nice, but I've 1 gripe for the hardware: there's no dedicated volume rocker??? WTF, is that too much to ask for? Still, this looks fantastic, Creative might have a winner here (since the ZV:M is DOA).

Old 07-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm hoping it'll rub my back & massage my feet. Still, I'm keeping my word and looking for "alternatives" to the crap players I've owned. This just might be my next toy,.....provided a commercial product is released to the music loving masses.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:19 PM

yep this one and the android powered x1000 with 64Gb

Old 07-28-2009, 03:25 PM

Not sure why, but I want it. Don't ask though.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Not sure why, but I want it. Don't ask though.
Me neither. Edit: you DO want it?

Old 07-28-2009, 03:35 PM

Yeah. Since I signed on here I started loving gadgets I managed to go from 2 MP3 players, old (Zen Stone + Zen 4GB, even just 5 months old) to 4 (A729, Clip, those two) back to two (gave away the Creatives) and this just looks fun and absolutely not needed by me. Therefore I want it I can't afford it and I won't, but eh why not. About time I got on high technology gagdets after years of only ever getting THE cheapest phones in the store (newest one: Nokia 1680. What a POS, even for me who just texts + calls).

Old 07-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Me want also (screw the ZHD, and the Touch as well!!!).

Old 07-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Is the Zii processor more powerful than the Tegra? I'm guessing not but it would be nice to be surprised.

Edit: If you go to http://www.zii.com/Developer/SDKProducts.aspx , go to the gallery, go on the rotatable view and get to the right point you can see the now playing screen! Looks like we'll be seeing large album art

Because I'm bored and very,very sad (and maybe a little excited) I made a picture of it! (if it breaks any rules I can take it down)

Last edited by vote_pedro; 07-28-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Seems to me like I knew Creative must have been working on something to challenge Apple. Looks like all the major players have something coming to compete in that range (PMP + WIFI). Sony got there a bit too quick with a pitiful web browser/experience, no email or Touch-like apps, and the balls to charge $299 and $399 for it. Samsung's M1 looks promising. I'm expecting Cowon to show up with an S9+ that throws in WiFi and some useful apps for it.

The Zii's screen is 3.5" 480 x 320 LCD, which is the same as what the Touch has although the Zii's screen appear more wide-format. I'm looking forward to the actual product.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This really is an exciting year for DAP's!!!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:10 PM

This thing looks awesome! Bluetooth and WiFi, together in something other than the iPod Touches and almost every modern cell phone. GPS too! It's like the N95 but a few years younger.

Hmmm... I'm not seeing any stars on that Now Playing screen.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:59 PM

I am actually no that impressed. Other than the fact that there is a great question mark other the sound quality, the player seemed sluggish at best (internet, picture zooming)... The specs are a little disappointing but given it works on Android, one hopes that software limitations will not be an issue (codecs, etc...).

I am also not digging the external design. Why do they all have to copy Apple so obvioulsy. Kuddos to M$, the ZHD actually looks good...

Hopefully Sony or Cowon will come up with a Tegra based alternative... Here's hoping...

Old 07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Rectangular flat touchscreen and there's not a whole lot you can do to mix up the design of a player. iriver at least didn't bother to round the corners with the SPINN. Cowon let the designer(s?) veer from a 6 sided box on the S9 Curve. Yet every single touchscreen that has come out since the Touch has been accused of copying it.

I'm actually impressed with how thin the Zii looks in the photo above (post #51).

Old 07-28-2009, 07:23 PM

To be fair, rounded corners aren't exactly new for Creative players.

And of course, rounded corners have been around for a long time.

Last edited by Hirudin; 07-28-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Found an "older looking" tablet.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
... there's no dedicated volume rocker???
The verdict is still out on that. There is a bar on the top edge in the picture vote_pedro posted that must be something. It might be the end of an SD card, although I'm not sure where on the Zii the card slot is.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
The verdict is still out on that. There is a bar on the top edge in the picture vote_pedro posted that must be something. It might be the end of an SD card, although I'm not sure where on the Zii the card slot is.
Yea that is the SD slot in that picture.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:54 AM

Creative uses deceptive photography and design to make products appear thinner. Nothing new.

Pushing that aside, the specs look promising. The SD card expansion slot will really help with its HD output feature, even IF the libraries don't integrate. I will be anxiously awaiting the reviews for this.

Tags
android pmp, creative, hd, zii, zii egg