android
Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 AM

Default My 16 gb Sony Series X died in two days!!

I bought the Sony 16 gb Series X walkman from Amazon two days ago and yesterday while showing it to some co-workers the player ended up turning off and never turned back on. The good thing is amazon allows for refund or replacement, at first I thought I would like to replace it with the exact same model but then I started looking around. I ended up falling in love with Cowon S9 so I decided to do the refund and just order an S9. The reason? The Cowon S9 supports AVI, XVID where the Sony X Series required a massive amount of converting my videos into a low res mp4 before it began.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpmpfan View Post
I bought the Sony 16 gb Series X walkman from Amazon two days ago and yesterday while showing it to some co-workers the player ended up turning off and never turned back on. The good thing is amazon allows for refund or replacement, at first I thought I would like to replace it with the exact same model but then I started looking around. I ended up falling in love with Cowon S9 so I decided to do the refund and just order an S9. The reason? The Cowon S9 supports AVI, XVID where the Sony X Series required a massive amount of converting my videos into a low res mp4 before it began.
Keep us posted, let us know if you feel you've made the right choice.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:53 AM

Thats funny I just ordered the 32GB Sony because my S9 bricked. I was going to order another S9 but it looks like lots of people are having this problem when copying lots of files to the S9. I'm hoping the Sony is more reliable.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The S9 only seems to really have problems w/the Linux operating system, possibly MAC OS. On a Windows rig, no issues to speak of (thank GAWD!!!!).