android
Old 07-11-2009, 04:55 AM

Default how to queue/append albums/artists?

Hi,
coming from a ZV:M with which I used to start playing something and then browse by Artist/Album and queue the Artist or Album to the current playlist, maybe up to 300-400 songs, so no need to mess with it for a week, just start it and listen
Can I do that with the s9? I can't find any option to append or queue...
Also, is there an option to resume playback on startup?
Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2009, 05:26 AM

I used to use Zen products and using the S9 is quite a paradigm shift in that it doesn't use an active "now playing" playlist. Instead, it will queue up songs according to the setting you use: all, folder or single file. You can change this by tapping the icon that looks like a play arrow in a box in the now playing screen, and then tapping the icon on the far right of the menu that pops up.

You can also queue all tracks by using the "Songs" sub-menu, or you can queue up all tracks by an artist/in an album/in a genre/etc. by tapping "All tracks" under their name when browsing by tag. This removes the previous track list that was in use.

It isn't as flexible a system as the Zen's interface and was one of my main concerns with the S9. Fortunately M3U playlists are finally supported. You can queue up tracks on your PC and transfer the .m3u file to your S9's root folder (in MSC mode), and you'll essentially have the same functionality.

Last edited by Bravepower; 07-11-2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Clarification in response to reply.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:43 AM

Thanks for your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravepower View Post
You can also queue all tracks by using the "Songs" sub-menu, or you can queue all tracks by an artist/in an album/in a genre/etc. by tapping "All tracks" under their name when browsing by tag.
Correct me if I'm wrong but this doesn't really queue the tracks but substitute the actual playlist?

Quote:
It isn't as flexible a system as the Zen's interface and was one of my main concerns with the S9. Fortunately M3U playlists are finally supported. You can queue up tracks on your PC and transfer the .m3u file to your S9's root folder (in MSC mode), and you'll essentially have the same functionality.
Hm, so in MSC mode from my PC I can create a playlist with songs directly from the player? And then put it on the player? That wouldn't be perfect but it's something...
Anyone knows if Cowon plans to add the functionality "append to current playlist"? I mean, I don't think it's that much difficult to implement...

Btw, I also have CX400 and S9 32GB

Old 07-11-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but this doesn't really queue the tracks but substitute the actual playlist?
Sorry for not being clear on that. Yes, there is no way to append tracks to the now playing list.

Quote:
Hm, so in MSC mode from my PC I can create a playlist with songs directly from the player? And then put it on the player? That wouldn't be perfect but it's something...
Yeah, you need to use software which can build .m3u playlist files from a set of tracks. MP3Tag, MediaMonkey and Winamp can all do it. The playlists appear in the "Playlists" submenu, of course. Make sure when you add the tracks to the playlist that they are from your S9 and not your hard drive, or they won't show up.

Quote:
Anyone knows if Cowon plans to add the functionality "append to current playlist"? I mean, I don't think it's that much difficult to implement...
I would love to see that, but I haven't heard of any plans for it. I'm sure they could do it quite easily however.

Quote:
Btw, I also have CX400 and S9 32GB
High five!

Old 07-11-2009, 08:14 AM

I don't want to create a new thread just for one question: is it not possible to listen to music while playing flash games??? As soon as I enter the flash dir music stops. Using Claw 3.30 if it matters.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:41 AM

I think that is a problem of the player though I am no expert at this. If you start a flash game the music "stage" will be left and the flash "stage" will be entered. And as far as I know, there can only be one stage. (I am not sure if I explained this correct.)

So this is a firmware limitation.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you need to use software which can build .m3u playlist files from a set of tracks. MP3Tag, MediaMonkey and Winamp can all do it. The playlists appear in the "Playlists" submenu, of course. Make sure when you add the tracks to the playlist that they are from your S9 and not your hard drive, or they won't show up.

I would love to see that, but I haven't heard of any plans for it. I'm sure they could do it quite easily however.

This is my biggest disappointment with the S9. I hope Cowon read these forums and attempt to rectify this!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to queue albums using the dynamic playlist functionality in Claw's UCI? I use an mp3 player in the car and, on longer journeys, it's a lot easier (and safer!) to just queue 3 or 4 albums rather than try and find them while driving. I've read the guide to the UCI but I'm still not sure if this is possible (I don't have an S9 yet).

Tags
playlist, zen