android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Default Archos 5 or iPod Touch?

I'm debating whether I want to buy an Archos 5 or an iPod Touch. Here are some of the things I want to do:

1) Record TV shows and play them on the Archos / iPod. Some of the PBS shows are not available through Netflix or any other website. The only option is to record them off the TV.
2) Download music to the device. I don't know if I can download stuff from iTunes to the Archos. I hope that it's not just their site that's available for download as there isn't much availability on it.
3) Play chess. I know that iTunes has a chess game on it. I don't know if I can download Chessmaster Challenge off the internet.
4) Watch streamlined movies from Netflix
5) Have WiFi access at places like Borders & Starbucks. I heard that WiFi access only works at home with the Archos.
6) Is there any additional monthly fee associated with either the Archos & the iPod for internet access? I'm assuming that I would have to have a WiFi account.
7) Which device has better video / audio quality?

Here's why I'm hesitant to buy the Archos. (I'm considering it only for the larger screen size and perhaps lower cost.)

a) After buying all the accessories that are required for the Archos, will the cost end up being more than the iPod?
b) More applications are being developed for the iPod.
c) I don't know anything about Archos. Could they go belly up in the next few years?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
archos5, ipod