android
Old 07-21-2009, 12:04 PM

Default Significantly Better than 729?

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a touch screen player. I have owned Meizu M6, Sony 729, Samsung Q1.

I want to know if the X series offer a significant improvement in sound over the 729. I do not care about wifi and all of that stuff. As I already enjoy the sound quality of both my Sony and Samsung, any new player I buy needs to offer a significant "improvement" on the sound for me to drop this type of money on it. If the sound is not much of an improvement, then maybe I will go with a Cowon just to know for myself how the different brands stack up against each other.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

We've all heard the SQ of the X1000 series is even better than all the other Sony players before it. Here's the ABI>>> review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...000-review.php

Read the article, enjoy the excellent videos - & welcome to ABI>>>.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Thanks... you are helping me out a lot here. Will read the review!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 PM

Significantly Better than 729? No. I have the x1061 & a728. While the X sounds better and more true,flat (like the clip/fuse) I would have bought another A series or S series if either one was available in 32 gigs. I really dislike many things about the Sony touch/x (see my review), but the ONLY thing I dislike about my A is the small capacity.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnoland View Post
Significantly Better than 729? No. I have the x1061 & a728. While the X sounds better and more true,flat (like the clip/fuse) I would have bought another A series or S series if either one was available in 32 gigs. I really dislike many things about the Sony touch/x (see my review), but the ONLY thing I dislike about my A is the small capacity.
Agreed 100%. I've got an A729, and I'd much prefer a 32-gig version of that over the touch-screen X1061. The sound might be better from the X, but I mainly use these things for background music at work -- I can appreciate good sound and control over it, but it's not that big of a difference between the two players in that capacity.

Mainly, I preferred how I could keep the A729's screen "on" all the time, as I keep these AC-powered full-time through the dock. At the very least, the X could have the New Song Pop-Up, but it doesn't even have that. Secondly, I prefer the A's buttons to the X's touch screen -- give me buttons, any day. Finally, I didn't care much for paying for WiFi, web browsing, YouTube, and all that other X-rot that I'll never use.

In the end, the X1061 has 32 gigs and great sound, plus Sony's usual operational features -- that's what I want. I'd have bought it in the form of a 32-gig A series over the X series, any minute of any day.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd prefer a 32gb S63X series player. Now that, IMO, is the PERFECT Sony DAP!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Banned

Yeah. a 32GB S Series- an S63932.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Yeah. a 32GB S Series- an S63932.
Oh yeah, that sounds hot!!!!!