android
Old 07-13-2009, 01:40 PM

Default playlists on cowon S9

Someone please help. I can't get this going. Followed instructions on Cowon's site by using Windows media player but the instructions don't match the options I get in WMP. One option is to put music in a separate folder but that would just take up room on the S9. Cowon, Oh Cowon, why are you so good with hardware and so awful with software!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 AM

Default playlist

Worked it out but not using Windows media player. Used Winamp and it wasn't difficult. If anyone wants to know I can explain.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:59 PM

I'm interested.

Jim

Old 07-21-2009, 02:21 AM

Red face creating a playlist

Download a free version of winamp. Connect the S9 making sure that USB mode is MSC. You can do this by going into Settings and then “system” .
When you run winamp, there are three boxes on top. The last one is the one to use for playlists. Click on +. Choose the files on the S9 you want to add to your playlist. Then click on the third button and select all. Then click on the fifth button (manage playlists) and choose save playlist anywhere on the PC. Copy the file to the root of S9 …in explorer where it just shows the S9 and not in any of the folders.
It is a good idea to add just a few files for your first playlist in case something goes wrong. It will be very frustrating if you add tons of files and then find it hasn’t worked. If you load a different version of Winamp to the one I am using, the layout may be slightly different but I expect the operations will be the same. Good luck.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the explanation. Time to do some experimenting.

Jim

Tags
cowon s9, cowon s9 playlist, playlist, s9 playlist