Originally Posted by joyounghoon View Post
Ugh, Creative... Just die already.
lol my thoughts exactly

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-27-2009, 05:49 PM

Same here.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

they even not take part in touch screen competition, i think Creative already give up

Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyounghoon View Post
Ugh, Creative... Just die already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
lol my thoughts exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Same here.
It's time, bring on the pallbearers!!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
It's time, bring on the pallbearers!!!!
You mean this guy?

Old 07-03-2009, 03:23 PM

Now come on, is it really that bad?
My mum wants to buy me one cuz Costco will have it on sale soon (I want a D2+, but eh stingy parents), and I'm wondering if I would be better off shoving pointy things in my ears (and eyes).

Old 07-03-2009, 03:25 PM

Get a Sansa Fuze or Clip instead, if stingy is an issue.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Perhaps Creative is waiting until the ZuneHD and Touch wound each other in battle to then surprise us with an amazing touchscreen player. There's been more than one company that put out a touchscreen player too early, before they knew how to do it well enough to impress.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:58 PM

Yeah, right.... but you're taking about Creative here. The company that makes MTP-only players with no codec support whatsoever, no sound enhancements, no gapless, no SD integration, no interface tweakability, sluggish user interface, and bad quality control.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:13 PM

I've seen waaaay too much Fuzes and Clips... I'm gonna use my m250 to death.
Come to think of it, the most expensive part of my setup is the AAA batteries the mp3 player takes, so maybe I should try to convince my mum that the D2+ will save money in the long run.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:49 AM

Hey, superppl, watch out for Costco:

On the Creative Zen MX, you better put up a disclaimer. The one I ordered and received today actually was marked "Special Edition." Woo hoo, that means its even better, right? No sir. They REMOVED the FM radio feature WITH NO WARNING at all. Up until yesterday, the Costco website showed FM radio as one of the features (check out a cached version of Costco's page for the item on Google), but they changed it today. I called the Costco Concierge and even they had it listed w/FM in their database, but tomorrow morning Costco.com customer service is going to get a piece of my mind. I call it "switch and bait" bull@#it, and no wonder its $30 cheaper than everywhere else. Buyer beware.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post

On the Creative Zen MX, you better put up a disclaimer. The one I ordered and received today actually was marked "Special Edition." Woo hoo, that means its even better, right? No sir. They REMOVED the FM radio feature WITH NO WARNING at all. Up until yesterday, the Costco website showed FM radio as one of the features (check out a cached version of Costco's page for the item on Google), but they changed it today. I called the Costco Concierge and even they had it listed w/FM in their database, but tomorrow morning Costco.com customer service is going to get a piece of my mind. I call it "switch and bait" bull@#it, and no wonder its $30 cheaper than everywhere else. Buyer beware.
Are you sure you didn't get the Zen Mozaic LX? That was the Mozaic minus FM radio and speaker, at a lower price. The Zen MX that I see on Amazon is listed as still having FM radio, but it lost AAC support so as to sell at a lower price.

That said, it does sound like Costco might have screwed up something.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:42 AM

Yeah, it's definitely the Zen MX. I found someone else on an Amazon forum that had exactly the same experience. Oh well - I should have known better...

Old 07-14-2009, 05:32 PM

Creative were not all that bad, at least they did not used to be. My comp. gaming would have been non real with them in 90's.

Vision M was wonderful player and is not bad even now. Better than some more expensive player.

The way Creative went bad was with ZEN player, i bought it as quick as i could found it very lacking in everything not even worthy to be in Vision M's shadow. But i have been useing it ever since as a gym, rain, etc player. Now a days for the price to features its quite flexible.

Also if you really want non MTP file system just upload songs directly to the sd card.

If either Creative Zen Zii or Achros Touch are good enough i might go full touch instead of my present one tactile and one touch approach. Rite now i have Cowon S9 and a Zen, i use Zen in risky situations and S9 in other situations.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Are you sure you didn't get the Zen Mozaic LX? That was the Mozaic minus FM radio and speaker, at a lower price. The Zen MX that I see on Amazon is listed as still having FM radio, but it lost AAC support so as to sell at a lower price.

That said, it does sound like Costco might have screwed up something.
Quote:
Yeah, it's definitely the Zen MX. I found someone else on an Amazon forum that had exactly the same experience. Oh well - I should have known better...
Creative's own site says it has FM radio

Curious, eh?

Tags
creative, zen