android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Site Related > MP3 Player News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Hey, superppl, watch out for Costco:

On the Creative Zen MX, you better put up a disclaimer. The one I ordered and received today actually was marked "Special Edition." Woo hoo, that means its even better, right? No sir. They REMOVED the FM radio feature WITH NO WARNING at all. Up until yesterday, the Costco website showed FM radio as one of the features (check out a cached version of Costco's page for the item on Google), but they changed it today. I called the Costco Concierge and even they had it listed w/FM in their database, but tomorrow morning Costco.com customer service is going to get a piece of my mind. I call it "switch and bait" bull@#it, and no wonder its $30 cheaper than everywhere else. Buyer beware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Are you sure you didn't get the Zen Mozaic LX? That was the Mozaic minus FM radio and speaker, at a lower price. The Zen MX that I see on Amazon is listed as still having FM radio, but it lost AAC support so as to sell at a lower price.

That said, it does sound like Costco might have screwed up something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Yeah, it's definitely the Zen MX. I found someone else on an Amazon forum that had exactly the same experience. Oh well - I should have known better...
Creative's own site says it has FM radio

Curious, eh?

Tags
creative, zen