android
Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 PM

Hey Sup dudes, I need some help here with video stuff, when I transfer it to my sansa e250, the video split and when I watch it, it never goes until the end of the video, Stops on the middle!!! I made some research on the net but was useless
I Hope You can help me Guys Thx a Lot!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2008, 12:25 PM

The converter wont find my sansa (beta firmware so idk) but i know where to go for the converted file so thats isnt a problem. When the converted file actually finishes there is no sound! The old converter wont do it because it is a .mov file and it says it wont support it and when i try to put it directly on the player it asks me to use the converter

Old 02-27-2008, 10:55 PM

so, where DO you go for the converted file?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Mine puts them straight to the Sansa. If not, as far as I know, look in My Documents for the converter folder.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:41 AM

Default sansa media converter 2?

I dont know how it works can someone help me please

Edit: I found out how it works but I'm not sure how to but videos..

Last edited by amythepro; 07-29-2008 at 08:05 PM.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 AM

erm...please post the program again...cuz the links are broken

Old 09-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Pain, here: http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/SMC/SMC_4_236.exe

Old 03-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttah View Post
May be a good idea to Sticky this. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this in a thread or not, I didn't see anything about it, but if it's sticky'd it may stop most of the people asking where to get it.

This is my second setup compile of it. My "Build 1" wouldn't run the setup right. I've fixed this and it is 100% working. Have fun!

(And please also note, that was a joke I cracked at the end of the install. I fool a few of my friends by doing that sometimes)

File Size: 15.5 MB.
Estimate Speed (on 3 MBPS DSL): One Minute.

http://www.potatosackman.com/SMC2_Setup_Build2.exe

Edit(adcomp2019):
Here is a new link: http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/SMC/SMC_4_236.exe

the correct link is
http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/SMC

Old 06-26-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
the correct link is
http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/SMC
That'd be nice to have the link on the frontpage LOL :P

Old 06-28-2009, 06:53 AM

Wow, the 236 version *does* work MUCH better than the 256 version.

Now, if only there was SOME way to... argh.

With the V1 Sansas, the miserable first generation SMC splits the videos into a ton of miserable short segments of a few minutes each, whereas with the V2 Sansas using the second generation SMC, it creates a single video file, without the constant interruptions.

HOWEVER, with the V1, if you apply sequential names to the files, the player will automatically jump to the next one upon completion of the one currently playing, whereas with the V2 Sansas, even if you DO split your video into multiple files (with sequentially numbered names) the player will NOT automatically jump to the next section.

This would be of no concern at all IF there was a bookmark and/or resume ability. Unfortunately, there is NO such functionality. The ONLY way to pause a video is to hit the button to pause it, and then leave it running (ideally without the auto power-off flag set) until such time as you're ready to resume viewing.

You can't turn the player off, you can't listen to a song, you can't even view any menus -- your choice is to either leave it running your battery down with the video paused, OR, turn it off, and then manually "resume" (by starting from the beginning and fast-fowarding as you try to eyeball "now where was I?" -- with NO counter, you can't even make a MANUAL note as to where you were when you stopped viewing).

It's "little" things like this that help sell product. Unfortunately, the product they sell is NOT labeled "Sansa"!

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_k View Post
Wow, the 236 version *does* work MUCH better than the 256 version.

Now, if only there was SOME way to... argh.

With the V1 Sansas, the miserable first generation SMC splits the videos into a ton of miserable short segments of a few minutes each, whereas with the V2 Sansas using the second generation SMC, it creates a single video file, without the constant interruptions.

HOWEVER, with the V1, if you apply sequential names to the files, the player will automatically jump to the next one upon completion of the one currently playing, whereas with the V2 Sansas, even if you DO split your video into multiple files (with sequentially numbered names) the player will NOT automatically jump to the next section.

This would be of no concern at all IF there was a bookmark and/or resume ability. Unfortunately, there is NO such functionality. The ONLY way to pause a video is to hit the button to pause it, and then leave it running (ideally without the auto power-off flag set) until such time as you're ready to resume viewing.

You can't turn the player off, you can't listen to a song, you can't even view any menus -- your choice is to either leave it running your battery down with the video paused, OR, turn it off, and then manually "resume" (by starting from the beginning and fast-fowarding as you try to eyeball "now where was I?" -- with NO counter, you can't even make a MANUAL note as to where you were when you stopped viewing).

It's "little" things like this that help sell product. Unfortunately, the product they sell is NOT labeled "Sansa"!

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Reason #673 why my v1 e200's are Rockboxed.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC