android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9

Old 07-15-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiggfella View Post
Hi Aeltar, thanks for the reply. Are you doing the above in Windows Explorer? Along the lines of:

Music > Tools > Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files and Folders

I've checked 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' but there's no hidden files showing anywhere. Can you give a bit more detail on how you do what you mention above. Thanks.
They might just not exist on your computer for some reason. Check and update the tags using mp3Tag - they might be embedded in the file in a way that the S9 can't read, but WMP can. If that happens, just update the tags (ctrl-k for track numbering wizard, that'll make the entire tag the correct version) or put on new album art. Alternatively, you can put cover.jpg in all the album folders with the correct album art, and the S9 will display that as cover art.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Jet Audio, from my usage, works perfectly for converting all my videos IF I need it done for the S9. I used to use it for my D2 as well, never had any issues. For music, it's a nightmare!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM

Regarding the album art thing, some of the art isn't embedded into the file but still shows up in WMP11 when in artist, album views etc. It all shows up on my ZVM but the art which isn't visible via advance tag editor doesn't show up on the S9. Anyway, if I want it to show on the S9, I'll need to check all the art via ATE and if it's not there, drag and drop it across onto the existing art that's showing already in WMP11. I've tried this and it works but it's a laborious task to do it for 250-odd albums. WMP11 won't allow me to add the art via the ATE for some reason.

Another couple of problems:

1. The S9 (32GB) won't pair with my Sony DR-BT 160AS headphones which I'm mightily pissed off about. The built in BT function was one of the reasons why I bought the S9.

2. Playtime, total time and track count which were under the toggle bar in the music screen have disappeared. I've searched the options under Claw's UI and can't figure out why this is. They were there, but for some reason they've disappeared now.

The overlay disappeared at one point as well but I discovered that the transparency was set to zero!

Any ideas guys?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiggfella View Post
2. Playtime, total time and track count which were under the toggle bar in the music screen have disappeared. I've searched the options under Claw's UI and can't figure out why this is. They were there, but for some reason they've disappeared now.
You could delete the relevant *.sol Flash cookie(s) from the S9's SOL folder to revert to the default settings of Claw's music screen.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You could delete the relevant *.sol Flash cookie(s) from the S9's SOL folder to revert to the default settings of Claw's music screen.
Just to check, would that be menu1_settings.sol?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 AM

I'm not sure how all the cookies interact (Claw would know that ), but I would assume the relevant would be music_settings.sol, for the music screen.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:01 PM

I changed the colour on Playtime, total time and track count and they've all appeared. I don't remember changing the colour of them originally and they were showing as whitish in the settings so they should have shown up against the dark background. Anyhow, they're back and that's the main thing.

So I've got the album art sorted (hopefully!) which took hours. I'm a bit obsessive about things like that and all my music is currently loading onto the S9 now. The only downer seems to be that the S9 and my BT headphones won't pair up. Not that I'd be using them all the time but it would have been nice to have the option especially when the built in BT was one of the reasons why I got the S9.

I still need to look at the games, widgets, themes and stuff like that but I seem to have the main things, music and video, sussed. The radio also seems to work fine as well. It appears to have just tuned itself in without any input from myself. Claw's UI also gives a massive amount of flexibility though I never used the stock UI so I'm not sure how much it could be tinkered with. Just one quick question:

Can the radio channels be re-named from the default Ch1, Ch2 etc. ones? I didn't see any options for that but I may have missed them if they're there. Thanks again.