android
Old 07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muka View Post
Put it this way, one has to listen hard for the gaps. They're not blatantly obvious 1 second gaps. With Rockbox there is no audible gaps at all with lossy codecs like MP3 or OGG/Vorbis.
RockBox negates the "Gapless" debate for the player. Stated matter of fact: The H100 isn't gapless, so stating that it is is a fallacy. I'd find 1 on ebay if it was, but it's not. And I'm not a RockBox user, so your argument is moot.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-15-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muka
Also I have to admit 'Media Manager for WALKMAN' is a pretty abysmal application as well, very reminiscent of the infamous SonicStage.
Not that for example Samsung EmoDio was a better program...
For me anyway there isn't any decent software included with any player, maybe only Cowon with JetAudio, but really only a bit above the others. Talking of Sony, you know that you can always change it from MTP to USB via driver and so live very well away from all (especially WMP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide
RockBox negates the "Gapless" debate for the player.
I perfectly agree here! Stop talk of RockBox. IMHO is unfair do a correct critic/comparison of a feature talking of it or would be too easy for me say that a player is better or that i will not buy any new player since sure something miss (like wavpack support just to say one which i really want to see a day)...
Better do critics on what brands are actually offering out of the box.

Last edited by Elandal; 07-15-2009 at 05:45 PM.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
Better do critics on what brands are actually offering out of the box.
I agree completely. If it's not a stock firmware feature, leave it out of the discussion - period.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
As hard as it is for many newbees on this forum to understand what gapless is, and why anyone would want it, imagine being from another planet (Korea) and trying to grasp the concept. It wouldn't surprise me that gapless was simply something that never got on the ToDo list when developement started for many Korean MP3 players. For all I know there may not even be a Korean word for it. Google translate doesn't have one.
There is a Korean Google translation for 'no gap' 격차가 적은

Perhaps the Korean DAP designers never listen to Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, Rick Wakeman, Moody Blues, Hawkwind, etc. albums. Ministry of Sound DJ mix albums, or most live performance albums.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:29 PM

They probably didn't listen to half of my more-than-a-terabyte audio collection, since most of it NEEDS gapless to sound right...

Old 07-15-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I agree completely. If it's not a stock firmware feature, leave it out of the discussion - period.
Ok consider the subject closed from me. The Sony X 1000 no longer in my possession, and I've had a full refund. But I do like my DAPs to perform and sound as I want, hence the use of Rockbox if necessary. I would try a Zune but they're not available in the UK yet.