android
Old 07-11-2009, 12:29 AM

Default God this thing is such a finger print magnet.

And that's just about my only complaint. Of course, I'm not really worried about it looking ugly, considering that I bought it for music and not as an aesthetically pleasing object.
I love this thing. I just got the 8gb, I put an 8gb microsdhc in it and now I have a bit over 1800 songs (not a lot, but like hell I'm going to reencode it) on it and still some space left over. It sounds great (so far as my untrained ears can tell ), but having to remove some crap left on the player was a bit annoying. Of course, I wish I could have gotten a D2, but I'm happy with I got. (And ecstatic that it's not an iPod, which is what my parents wanted to get me!)
A bit earlier this week my mum got me a pair of Sennheiser EH-150's, and god they get loud; it's so nice to have something big again. The only real thing that bugs me about them is the 10ft long cord, but I can live with that.

One thing: How long does your battery life last on average? I figure my average will fall a bit short because of my choice of headphones and noise.

Edit: **** I hate it when I do that.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superppl View Post
And that's just about my only complaint. Of course, I'm not really worried about it looking ugly, considering that I bought it for music and not as an aesthetically pleasing object.
I love this thing. I just got the 8gb, I put an 8gb microsdhc in it and now I have a bit over 1800 songs (not a lot, but like hell I'm going to reencode it) on it and still some space left over. It sounds great (so far as my untrained ears can tell ), but having to remove some crap left on the player was a bit annoying. Of course, I wish I could have gotten a D2, but I'm happy with I got. (And ecstatic that it's not an iPod, which is what my parents wanted to get me!)
A bit earlier this week my mum got me a pair of Sennheiser EH-150's, and god they get loud; it's so nice to have something big again. The only real thing that bugs me about them is the 10ft long cord, but I can live with that.

One thing: How long does your battery life last on average? I figure my average will fall a bit short because of my choice of headphones and noise.

Edit: **** I hate it when I do that.
Fingerprints....get a screen protector if you don't have one....the fingerprints wipe right off the screen protector. Battery life, depends....backlight, brightness, how often you skip songs, what codec and bitrate you use all come into play. Also, the custom EQ eats battery....leave it on Normal for max life.

I matched the rated 24 hours at 75% volume into 60 ohm phones playing 160kbps mp3....the lowest bitrate mp3 I had. But my newer, better coded files might fall a little shorter than that. What codec/bitrate are you using?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:22 AM

I have no idea why I posted this under accessories... Sorry about that. :/

Fingerprints and scratches are not really a concern, its just that the face plate isn't made out of the best material available, and that kinda bugs me.

All of my stuff is mp3, most of it at 320 kpbs, some below, and nothing below 192. I use the jazz eq because I think it makes things sound better, and usually my volume sits around 50%. I'm not so concerned about battery life as much as I am curious, because sometimes I'll stay at school for some 9 hours and I like that my battery lasts longer than others would expect.
How much of an effect does skipping tracks have on battery life? I would expect that since skipping a track turns on the back light, its really more of how often you interact with the player and how long the backlight time is.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superppl View Post
How much of an effect does skipping tracks have on battery life? I would expect that since skipping a track turns on the back light, its really more of how often you interact with the player and how long the backlight time is.
That's exactly it....doing anything to light up the screen. I keep the brightness at about 1/4, since my Fuze generally stays inside. Backlight, I keep around 15 seconds, but you can go shorter. As long as your battery is topped off each day, and you're not watching videos, it should last through your school day just fine. Jazz EQ should be OK, it's the custom settings that murder the battery.