android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
I think you selected something wrong here because there isn't any problem with RipBot and especially black bars... You will see only black bars (as on any widescreen TV) obviousley with 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 widescreen aspect ratio movies on top and bottom and left and right with 1.33:1 full screen sources. With 1.85:1 sources all is perfect...
So... go to Properties, set crop to Automatically, then set size to Custom (the one with the aspect ratio inside brackets, not x,xx:1, this is very important!) and low the width until you see 272 in height for full screen (1.33:1) sources, for widescreen (1.85:1, 2.35:1, ecc.) sources set width to 480 and RipBot automatically will set the proper height... (and don't add any black bar!)

HDConvertToX is not very user friendly as RipBot but you can obtain the same excellent result since use the same encoder (x264) with more control over audio.
But when I tell it to crop it will take parts of the screen away to fit, wouldnt it ? I mean when I told Media Coder to crop it cuts the upper and lower part away to fit the screen and the hard subs were cut away
So I set ripbot to NOT crop my vid.. Hope you can correct me if Im wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
One final thought here... IMHO is always better do constant quality encodings (CRF 20-22) than bitrate for encoder efficiency. Using a bitrate encode of 1500 kpbs, especially on small screens, is only a waste of space.
Good to know I better set it to about 700 then