android
Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robiceli View Post
Finally the X series has been released in my country. I got my X1060 on Tuesday and I have to agree with BlindBandit - the sound is awesome and way better than any other DMP I have used before. I think that the S-Master chip is showing its "colours" here.

I uploaded some pics of my new DMP. I hope you enjoy
Yeah even at Vol 22 it sound very loud & very clean. here a X series wallpaper enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sony_logo.jpg (41.3 KB, 73 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-02-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Finally the X series has been released in my country. I got my X1060 on Tuesday and I have to agree with BlindBandit - the sound is awesome and way better than any other DMP I have used before. I think that the S-Master chip is showing its "colours" here.

I uploaded some pics of my new DMP. I hope you enjoy
nice pics, is ur pen made by sony too?? cuz everything i saw in that photo was sony

Old 07-02-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindBandit View Post
Got the X series 16gb version today in Sony Store in NYC : ), the SQ & VQ is O_O, words can't not say how great the player is, it very small & bright. going to post pictures in a few mins, also when you get the Sony X series, you get 14.2gb out of 16gb btw, after some test & tweaking the video in Ripbot264, i can say that the X series run at 432x240@768kb at Profile 1.3 in AVC H264

Also upload the X series Ripbot264 profile for those who has issue , pick 432x240 & enjoy & put your video brightness on 5 ^_^.

Overprice, well like they say, you get what you pay & i'm sure you get your money worth on the X series because the SQ is crazy, i never heard music like this before & this coming from someone who own a Logitech Z-5500 with X-fi sound card for PC, i can't tell you how much bass, treble & cleanness my music is sounding now on the X series i never heard on my PC O_O, i have a 96k mp3 file & it sound like 320k & not only that but very clean & bass with treble.

as for video, it support 432x240 which is the native res of the player but there no need for 480x272 because the player the screen is max at 432x240 but i still try a sample video in 480x272 at 1.5mpbs if it work, i will post my feed back. alot of people got mad at me in Best Buy because i did't pick the iTouch but as soon i let the person who work there listen to the X series his jaw drop lol, he said it sound like a Hifi system & even at vol 25 to 30 the music sound loud, still clean & the bass get even more powerfull & treble get more powerfull as well, so for a little mp3 player i say i got my money worth since it's a mp3 player not a netbook.

Update: OMFG X series is freaking sweet, i encode two HD WMV video 2-pass mode but both in 1024kb@480x272 & 1.5mbbs & all i got to say is O_O even more colorfull & more sharp. it's official X series pretty much worth the money now because it can do 1.5mbps & not only that but 480x272 O_O.

Update: i upload a X series video trailer using my profile for Ripbot264 & 432x240@24fps & 1.53mb for VQ.
http://rapidshare.com/files/25097813...ascar.mp4.html
Don't forget to set up the X series OLED screen to 5 so you can see the OLED screen in action with alot of color & brightness
And Slacker Sounds Great and is all that and a bag of chips!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 PM

No doubt that Sony's engineers are geniuses at maximizing obsolete tech. Just look at the PSP with a slow processor, only 32mb ram (awful), and slow screen yet plays the most awesome looking games at full speed. Just imagine what Sony could do with the hardware inside the S9 or even the Tegra chip.
Teleportation device anyone.

They need to drop the price some though (just a little at least). Otherwise Zune HD and the new ipod is going to stump.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post
No doubt that Sony's engineers are geniuses at maximizing obsolete tech. Just look at the PSP with a slow processor, only 32mb ram (awful), and slow screen yet plays the most awesome looking games at full speed. Just imagine what Sony could do with the hardware inside the S9 or even the Tegra chip.
Teleportation device anyone.

They need to drop the price some though (just a little at least). Otherwise Zune HD and the new ipod is going to stump.
I agree, as I'd love to see what they could do w/a newer processor. The thing would be a ROCKET!!!! Personally, I'll prob drool on 1 when it hits V2 status.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrosaria View Post
nice pics, is ur pen made by sony too?? cuz everything i saw in that photo was sony
Thanks
The pen is not from Sony (sadly)

Old 07-03-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindBandit View Post
Yeah even at Vol 22 it sound very loud & very clean. here a X series wallpaper enjoy!
Yeah the volume is great. I was afraid that the max volume would be too low but it wasn't the case. It also handles my ex85 headphones with a great volume and a crisp sound.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

What is the range of volume control for the X1000 series? Is it 0-30, or 0-40? The higher the better, as it provides more precise volume control adjustments. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
What is the range of volume control for the X1000 series? Is it 0-30, or 0-40? The higher the better, as it provides more precise volume control adjustments. Thanks in advance.

It's 0-30.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
It's 0-30.
Excellent!!! Same as on the other Sony dap's I used to own. TBH, if the thing wasn't so expensive I might have purchased 1 myself. It's a nice player, but I'll stay w/my S9 for now. After all I've been hearing about the SQ, I might never be able to listen to my S9 after hearing it. Enjoy, and thanks for the info.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Excellent!!! Same as on the other Sony dap's I used to own. TBH, if the thing wasn't so expensive I might have purchased 1 myself. It's a nice player, but I'll stay w/my S9 for now. After all I've been hearing about the SQ, I might never be able to listen to my S9 after hearing it. Enjoy, and thanks for the info.
Np
Yes it is kinda expensive that's for sure. I paid 1,539.00 Lei (romanian money) for the 32GB version - that's about 470 us dollars so, yeah it's not cheap but it was worth it. I'll probably use it for music only because the sound is so good.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Slick UI thrill goes away after the first few weeks with a device. I turn off the screen on my S9 after starting my music. Now throw in noise cancelling that I have to give up if I want to use more comfortable over-ear headphones. Finish it off with a less than stellar web browser, and there is no way this Sony should sell for the same price as the Touch. You can get the same music quality on lesser Sony, and save enough money to buy a pair of their comfortable noise cancelling headphones.
True, or like me, I just got an MZ-M200 Minidisc player and with a nice set of NC-60's and man , that is great sounding quality....
My minidisc may not have all the bells and whistles and eyecandy like these new Ipods and other MP3 players but man I sure like the sound that it produces.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
No gapless and there is WAV support.
I just bought an X1000, and was very disappointed to find that it does NOT have gapless playback. Sending it back for a refund. One would have thought Sony could get a basic very important feature like gapless playback right, especially considering the X1000 is supposed to be their flagship Walkman. Minidiscs have always been able to play gapless. Apple took a lot of heat for not supporting gapless playback, and they fixed it.

BTW the browser is just a joke. Anything other than basic WAP sites and it just chokes, as to be unusable.

Extremely disappointed with this player, will probably look at a Creative, Sansa, Cowon or Iriver. Well the X1000 has a nice screen and the sound quality is good, but is completely ruined by the half second gaps on my DJ mix albums.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muka View Post
I just bought an X1000, and was very disappointed to find that it does NOT have gapless playback. Sending it back for a refund. One would have thought Sony could get a basic very important feature like gapless playback right, especially considering the X1000 is supposed to be their flagship Walkman. Minidiscs have always been able to play gapless. Apple took a lot of heat for not supporting gapless playback, and they fixed it.

BTW the browser is just a joke. Anything other than basic WAP sites and it just chokes, as to be unusable.

Extremely disappointed with this player, will probably look at a Creative, Sansa, Cowon or Iriver. Well the X1000 has a nice screen and the sound quality is good, but is completely ruined by the half second gaps on my DJ mix albums.
It has gapless for wav though. But this defeats the purpose of an mp3 player.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 AM

Just a quick question, does the X-series have a sleep timer?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Nope.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 AM

How would you compare this to the P3?
I've been lucky enough to find a deal where I can get a display model for 188 delivered, and the hardware buttons and youtube actually have me wondering whether I should fork up the extra 38 quid (both players I am referring to the 32 gb).
Obviously, unless the x1000 gets a firmware update that rectifies the video, it will fall below the P3 there (and the P3 has iplayer as well)
But On music and other features, its hard to tell. And I could probably make some of the money back selling the earphones.
Any opinions either way?

EDIT: In fact, if video isn't worth it, maybe a 16gb for 140ish? Could that low resolution be resolved in a FW update?

Last edited by gebal; 07-21-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Banned

4D Thinker got an x1051, along with his Cafe Latte, P2, P3, HD radio et al,:http://4dthinker.blogspot.com/2009/0...view-part.html

Old 08-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Banned

Pocket Lint Review: http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/42...z-x1050-review

Old 08-28-2009, 02:04 AM

Also note
Quote:
9 hours of video playback
is only when the X series OLED screen brightness is on 3 but when you turn that bad boy on 5 which is the max brightness, your eyes are going to start to get watery because the X series OLED is so bright & colorful.

Tags
abi, review, sony, walkman, x series, x-1000