android
Old 11-11-2006, 10:48 AM

Thumbs down Random Wallpaper/Picture Slideshow Problems

To start off, I've had the clix for about 2 weeks now. Just a couple days ago, I was charging the clix and whatnot and when it was done I turned it on. It froze on th "iRiver clix" start up screen. I ended up restarting it.

Couple hours later, I hooked it up on the computer to load a movie I just converted and the computer didn't even recognize that the clix's connected. Removed the USB, clix turned on again and froze again.

After restarting once more, I tried connecting again. Worked like a charm this time, and everything seemed to be fine.

Last night, I felt like using the random wallpaper function. Clicked it, the clix froze and automatically restarted. I tried it again and it did the same thing.

I looked at each of my pictures one by one to see if one of them's corrupted or something, but no- it all worked as wallpapers. So I tried the function again and it still didn't work.

So then the closest, most similar function I could think of was the picture slideshow. Tried it and it did the exact same thing: froze, turned off, restarted.

I have not updated on the firmwares yet, so I currently have 1.11. What should I do about this? I feel the need to just return the player sometime today, get a new one. And if that's still buggy I might just switch to a new player entirely.

Help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-11-2006, 02:44 PM

Thumbs up Obvious Solution

Update to the newest firmware.

If you don't want to do that, reset the player.

Good luck!

Old 11-11-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Creation
Update to the newest firmware.

If you don't want to do that, reset the player.

Good luck!
I'm a bit apprehensive of firmwares, though. I expect the product to work perfectly upon purchase, and I don't want to have anything to do with a product that doesn't do what it says it will without downloading the monthly firmware.

ETA: I just checked iRiveramerica's website, and the only certified firmware they have there is the one already installed into my clix.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Don't give up on the clix.

Something's up with YOUR player, I'm pretty sure, not the clix in general. I've had my clix since they were introduced, and usually use the random wallpaper function. I've NEVER had my unit freeze and require a restart. I had 1.11 since it came out, until Wednesday night, when I loaded v2.01. Still no freeze-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidsrik
To start off, I've had the clix for about 2 weeks now. Just a couple days ago, I was charging the clix and whatnot and when it was done I turned it on. It froze on th "iRiver clix" start up screen. I ended up restarting it.

Couple hours later, I hooked it up on the computer to load a movie I just converted and the computer didn't even recognize that the clix's connected. Removed the USB, clix turned on again and froze again.

After restarting once more, I tried connecting again. Worked like a charm this time, and everything seemed to be fine.

Last night, I felt like using the random wallpaper function. Clicked it, the clix froze and automatically restarted. I tried it again and it did the same thing.

I looked at each of my pictures one by one to see if one of them's corrupted or something, but no- it all worked as wallpapers. So I tried the function again and it still didn't work.

So then the closest, most similar function I could think of was the picture slideshow. Tried it and it did the exact same thing: froze, turned off, restarted.

I have not updated on the firmwares yet, so I currently have 1.11. What should I do about this? I feel the need to just return the player sometime today, get a new one. And if that's still buggy I might just switch to a new player entirely.

Help!

Old 11-15-2006, 02:36 PM

Thanks DLF. Took your word for it and got the clix replaced. It's been about 4 days since, and everything's going well so far. I'll update again in a month or so (if things go well)!

Old 12-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidsrik View Post

Help!
Get it replaced, plain and simple.