android
Old 12-13-2006, 09:56 AM

Default Is this a fair comment?

I am considering a clix player, whilst browsing around for price I came across this 'review'

clearly its one person, and probably a one off,

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPR-iRiver...D-269875252868

I take it this is just nonsense and this person is unlucky/useless or something? lol

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2006, 02:39 PM

"I wanted to like the Clix but ended up returning it. I got a Samsung YP-Z5 and it has no problem playing the songs from Rhapsody that made the Clix freeze."

Look at that... he bought a Samsung YP-Z5... So proud of him... Why would he mention that? To make you want a Samsung YP-Z5... He is obviously a plant from Samsung.. there is no way this is a fair and just review..

EDIT: AANNDD!! Forgot to mention this, he joined as a member on October 23rd... he wrote the review on October 23rd

Activity Summary
Reviews Written: 1
Member Visits: 0
Total Visits: 0

He's a plant

Old 12-14-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Sound quality is very good (I used Bang&Olufsen earphones).
ROFLMAO... yup, he's an "expert".

Old 12-14-2006, 04:50 PM

Look, he had some issues, his, iriver's or both. I have the 4G and have never had it freeze and I even transfer using a USB 1.* and even then it's not shabby. Read all reviews you can then make up your mind.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:43 PM

I own the 2Gb model and it does work terrific! He has some half valid points:
  • Transfer speeds are very slow with the 1.x firmware, the 2.0x is better.
  • Again firmware 1.x had some issues about deleting some files on the fly from the Clix and this is not true anymore[?] for the 2.0x firmware.
  • I would have to agree that transfering DRM'ed content to it is a PITA in that:
    1. It is slow (maybe due to the encryption?)
    2. Some times indeed the files have issues, but in my experience this is more due to a transfer gone bad than the player itself (transfering again usually gets this solved, the player has never locked up on me, rather the song suddenly stops playing). I have only used Rhapsody to transfer these DRM'ed files, and have no experience with say Urge (maybe WMP11 is better at handling the Clix [and any MTP for that matter] than Real's)
I have had not seen a firmware update gone wrong, and I've done so twice already (applied twice the same firmware when I was trying to turn it into an UMS class device... which I no longer want )

Old 12-16-2006, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskooladdict View Post
I am considering a clix player, whilst browsing around for price I came across this 'review'

clearly its one person, and probably a one off,

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPR-iRiver...D-269875252868

I take it this is just nonsense and this person is unlucky/useless or something? lol
It is nonsense, trust me on that. I had a Z5 and I got a clix after having firmware troubles/troubles returning it to Samsung. Poor customer service.

The clix plays, sounds, and feels better than the nano clone Z5. Although, the Z5 is way better than the nano. But the clix beats out competition when it comes to flash players, at least for now.