android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2009, 08:33 PM

Got the X series 16gb version today in Sony Store in NYC : ), the SQ & VQ is O_O, words can't not say how great the player is, it very small & bright. going to post pictures in a few mins, also when you get the Sony X series, you get 14.2gb out of 16gb btw, after some test & tweaking the video in Ripbot264, i can say that the X series run at 432x240@768kb at Profile 1.3 in AVC H264

Also upload the X series Ripbot264 profile for those who has issue , pick 432x240 & enjoy & put your video brightness on 5 ^_^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Ouch, that one sure smells of fail: overpriced, no native video support, not even 480x272 screen
Overprice, well like they say, you get what you pay & i'm sure you get your money worth on the X series because the SQ is crazy, i never heard music like this before & this coming from someone who own a Logitech Z-5500 with X-fi sound card for PC, i can't tell you how much bass, treble & cleanness my music is sounding now on the X series i never heard on my PC O_O, i have a 96k mp3 file & it sound like 320k & not only that but very clean & bass with treble.

as for video, it support 432x240 which is the native res of the player but there no need for 480x272 because the player the screen is max at 432x240 but i still try a sample video in 480x272 at 1.5mpbs if it work, i will post my feed back. alot of people got mad at me in Best Buy because i did't pick the iTouch but as soon i let the person who work there listen to the X series his jaw drop lol, he said it sound like a Hifi system & even at vol 25 to 30 the music sound loud, still clean & the bass get even more powerfull & treble get more powerfull as well, so for a little mp3 player i say i got my money worth since it's a mp3 player not a netbook.

Update: OMFG X series is freaking sweet, i encode two HD WMV video 2-pass mode but both in 1024kb@480x272 & 1.5mbbs & all i got to say is O_O even more colorfull & more sharp. it's official X series pretty much worth the money now because it can do 1.5mbps & not only that but 480x272 O_O.

Update: i upload a X series video trailer using my profile for Ripbot264 & 432x240@24fps & 1.53mb for VQ.
http://rapidshare.com/files/25097813...ascar.mp4.html
Don't forget to set up the X series OLED screen to 5 so you can see the OLED screen in action with alot of color & brightness
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00528.JPG (137.3 KB, 98 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt [BASE 1.3] Sony Walkman X .txt (187 Bytes, 50 views)

Last edited by BlindBandit; 07-02-2009 at 03:58 AM.

Tags
abi, review, sony, walkman, x series, x-1000