android
Old 09-05-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Download music from CDs

I know very little about MP3 players, but am thinking of buying the Iriver Clix due to the many good reviews and features. I want to know how easy it is to download music from CDs straight to the Clix.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Editor

Most all media players have the ability to rip music from CDs to MP3 format. So it is fairly easy.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Start here

1. Download and install Media Monkey. This free program does everything. Creates mp3's or wma's or ogg. Does a great job of sorting your music for you and it will even play music.
2. Rip songs from a CD. (This means that you shrink the audio files on the CD to a smaller format such as mp3.)
3. Once you have a collection of music you can transfer it to a Digital Audio Player (DAP) such as the Clix. Media Monkey will take care of that as well.
I don't have any connection to the publisher of this program. I'm just an enthusiastic reviewer.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:22 PM

U can use WMP but i have problems ripping with that
I use FairStars CD Ripper u can find it at download.com

Old 12-15-2006, 10:27 PM

Enthusiasitc MediaMonkey user,

I'm a FORMERLY enthusiastic MM user, but I've noticed that the file converter feature on the (free) v2.x series expires after 30 days. Earlier trial versions of MM did not disable this feature. I suppose I could -- (clears throat) -- PAY for the program, but... do you happen to know where a poor soul could DL an earlier version? I've scoured the net and come up with nothing but v2.0.

Thanks!

P.S. YAY, CLIX!!! (After all, this is a Clix forum so I figured I should write something about it. lol)