android
Old 06-25-2009, 07:37 PM

Default Samsung YP-P2 broken inner screen

hey there guys im a first time poster and i live in Halifax, Canada and i own a Samsung YP-P2 and the inner screen is broken so i was wondering if there is any local places to get it repaired becuase my warranty is voided so if you guys could help me in anyway that would be awsome

thanks
pakigamer1

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-25-2009, 08:47 PM

Firstly welcome to ABi!
Since your warranty is voided you probably don't care if you have to open up your p2, so I suggest phoning Samsung and try to talk to their parts department.

Earlier I was going to send my p2 in for warranty for a bad battery but it turned out I read my receipt wrong and it happened to be out of warranty by a month. They were very helpful and after talking to them for a while they transferred me to their parts department where I could order a while new battery and install it myself. I decided against it at the time since the problem isn't that bad yet but in the future I'll consider it.

If that sounds like alot of work or too big of a risk you proably can just go on samsung's website where there is a repair store locator.

Might I ask how your screen is broken and how you voided the warranty? :P

Old 06-26-2009, 09:51 AM

thanks for the welcome and the advice
the way i broke the screen was i was packing it in my bag for a trip and i had a hard cover book in the same bag and when i put on the airplane's storage compartment some other person put a heavier bag on top of mine and the corner of the book pushed the screen and all the presure went on to the inner screen when i took it out and turned it on there was no picture and there was a bunch of messed up colors
when i took it to future shop the costumer service guy told me that accidental or intentional damage was not covered
so that is the story.

thanks again

Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 AM

Well since you're a fellow Canadian, you might want to check out this link:
http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/re...cationsMain.do