android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9

Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM

will i hear much if any bass roll off on my s9 with sennheiser px100's there 32ohms. overall will it sound pretty flat and nice with these headphones 20hz-20khz? i would think they would not have any trouble being loud enough at 114db. according to head room's chart as great as these head phones are they roll off on the bass to under 0 db after 30hz anyways to about -3 at 20hz anyways. but are above 0 at 30hz a bit. will the cowon s9 be able to produce at least 0db at 30hz with 32ohm headphones like these? or at least do you think it will be unnoticably flat and powerful sounding anywas as i wont notice that with most music. i do listen to rnb and rap. and classical to. but i assume the highs will be mad strong and flat comming out of the s9. i dont have to worry about that even though my head phones are very good at highs but still its there weakness?

i am just curious if this is a good set of headphones for the s9

i have a few mp3s and some movies encoded with mp3 but the majority of the time flac's i have a huge collection of cds and audio dvd's i converted onto playing on my s9 and almost filled up so i am going to be listening to hifi stuff curious if i will notice anything. and yes everything is at 44.1khz so it should all play. i am getting the s9 in the mail tommorow

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

32 ohms should be fine for the S9.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Redneck Moderator

The PX100's do well with portable players. I haven't tried it with my S9, because I don't have any PX100's anymore, but I did use them with my D2 and they were great.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:21 AM

I bought a pair of PX100s this week as I find the CX300 in-earb buds make my ears hurt after long us.

I'm really impressed with the PX100s on my S9, great clarity in sound and tight realistic bass.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeldama View Post
I bought a pair of PX100s this week as I find the CX300 in-earb buds make my ears hurt after long us.

I'm really impressed with the PX100s on my S9, great clarity in sound and tight realistic bass.
My PX100's will be here sometime next week.(waiting on the free shipping)

Old 06-12-2009, 02:54 PM

yeah that always gets me i hate waiting for shipping but you wont be dissapointed for portable headphones my brother has them and i listened to it today with his s9 and there great though i see you also have grado sr60i i personally think there very close but the grado is slightly better but dont let that dissapoint you i am sure you will be happy with your order and by far perfect for every day lightweight traveling headphone or for a jog or at the gym

Old 06-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julabask View Post
yeah that always gets me i hate waiting for shipping but you wont be dissapointed for portable headphones my brother has them and i listened to it today with his s9 and there great though i see you also have grado sr60i i personally think there very close but the grado is slightly better but dont let that dissapoint you i am sure you will be happy with your order and by far perfect for every day lightweight traveling headphone or for a jog or at the gym
Exactly why I want them...the Grados are awesome, but not suited for on the go use. The PX100 will fill that need, and fold up into the case when I get where I'm going.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:46 AM

oh yeah they will do that and they will give you a little better taste in how good a headphone company sennheiser is as i am sure the hd201's were not incredible and are not at par with sennheisers average. but these will make you happy. as i truelly think maybe not for the price but sennheiser is the best and can make the best headphones out there. grado sr60i are the best for the price and probably cant think i can ever afford better or need better but i have gotten to use and compare denon adh-5000,7000 which were the best and sennheiser hd800's at my friends shop and all the other new ones and sennheiser hd800's are the most perfect headset i think ever made and ever touched my ears.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julabask View Post
oh yeah they will do that and they will give you a little better taste in how good a headphone company sennheiser is as i am sure the hd201's were not incredible and are not at par with sennheisers average. but these will make you happy. as i truelly think maybe not for the price but sennheiser is the best and can make the best headphones out there. grado sr60i are the best for the price and probably cant think i can ever afford better or need better but i have gotten to use and compare denon adh-5000,7000 which were the best and sennheiser hd800's at my friends shop and all the other new ones and sennheiser hd800's are the most perfect headset i think ever made and ever touched my ears.
Now that I've had them, they are really nice for a portable. A nice contrast in sound to my Grados too. Different but just as good. The 201's were decent once I amped them, but not nearly in the same class as PX100 or SR60i.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 AM

I have PX100's. the bas is tight with the S9, especially if you start playing around with the sound settings.

best bass I've heard in headphones of this portability/size!

Tags
20hz-20khz, bass roll off, cowon s9, px100, sennheiser