android
Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 AM

Default How long to convert video?

Hello,

Thanks to the sticky post, I've downloaded the Free Zune Video Converter and am in the process of converting a movie. However, the process is taking a really long time. I'm wondering if I have the settings incorrect or if this is the norm. It's been converting for an hour now and is still on the second of 14 files to convert. Can anyone tell me if I need to make changes or if something isn't correct that this is taking so long?

Thanks so much in advance.
All the best,
Rachel
Converting VOB files to the Free Zune Converter preset H.264/aac setting. All settings are default (bitrate is 500k/sec and 25 fps).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-16-2009, 12:43 PM

It all depends on the length of the movie, processor speed and the amount of ram you have.

I have an older Athlon (2800+ 512 ram) it takes roughly 1:1 to convert for single pass.

You could try something like handbrake if you think it would work better. but I think it would be about the same speed.
You don't have to fight the monster, at first you can run away. Later on you can blind it causing it to fall off the balcony. When the opportunity arrives, push it off the bridge. If you have time, you can even put the beast out of its misery.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:53 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. It's strange...I'm converting an average length movie (1ht 35min or so) and I'm @ 4hrs of conversion now and still only on the 4th of 14 files. This can't be right...at this rate it will take me 14+ hrs for one film. Yikes! Am I doing something wrong?

Old 06-19-2009, 10:42 PM

Tell me what kind of comp you have (proc speed and mem, os)

It would be good to tell us what settings exactly you are using, because that is a long time. If you are lazy like I am, you could just take a print screen and blackout any personal info and post it to this forum.
You don't have to fight the monster, at first you can run away. Later on you can blind it causing it to fall off the balcony. When the opportunity arrives, push it off the bridge. If you have time, you can even put the beast out of its misery.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:04 PM

Talking ..............

A few minutes?