android
Old 06-19-2009, 03:02 AM

Default Working with flac and playlists on D2

For some reason MediaMonkey doesn't want to sync my flac songs onto my D2. I can't seem to find what in the preferences I need to change. MP3s seems to work fine though, I guessing it's because MediaMonkey is reading it as incompatible with the D2.
At least that's what happend with winamp, and for some reason would always convert my songs to .m4a when transferring songs.
So basically, I need MediaMonkey to either sync my flac songs or for winamp to not convert my songs during the transfer. The latter seems easier, I can't find seem a solution for either.

I learned that I hate MTP mode, (but it seems like it's the only way to get playlists to work on the D2.)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-19-2009, 12:38 PM

in MTP you don't HAVE to sync the songs, you can still use the good old drag-n-drop, MTP just gives the computer the OPTION to sync, if people find that to be easier. With a larger player most people just drag their entire library to thedevice, my entire music collection is 5.08 GB so I just go into my music folder and press ctrl+A then drag em onto my player

Old 06-19-2009, 08:33 PM

The only problem that I have is that even with drag-n-drop, I don't know how to get my flac songs to work with playlists on my D2. Is there like some really simple solution I'm not seeing?

Old 06-19-2009, 11:29 PM

because Windows Media Player has no native FLAC support it can't make the playlists through the shell extension (Windows Explorer) My recommendation is to w\either convert the Flac to a good quality Lame encoded MP3 file with a medium to high variable bitrate (at medium to high bitrates you won't notice the difference unless you have a keenly trained ear) Or you could attempt to create a .pla playlist by starting it with an mp3 wav or wma then add flac to that.

I am not sure at all if the second method would work, because I've never been able to use the shell extension to make a playlist.

A third alternative is to make playlists in another program. I don't know what some people use here, but I know not all of them use windows explorer to do it. There is also a chance, however slim, that .pla playlists don't even support flac

Old 06-20-2009, 12:50 PM

I guess the best option would be just to convert to MP3 files. It would save me a lot more space on my little 8gb D2 anyway. I really do need to get an SD card for it. Thanks for all the help!

Old 06-21-2009, 06:43 PM

you're welcome