android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2006, 07:22 AM

Question I have a mac - Where do i get Music?

I have never had an mp3 player before and am still trying to figure out the terminology and whatnot. Actually haven't opened my new Vibez yet - I want something under the Christmas tree!! Here's my dilemma, which I hope is only due to my ignorance. If I have faulty points below which would correct my perceived no win situation, please enlighten me.

1) I have a MAC
2) Didn't want an ipod for various reasons
3) Had limited options on MP3 player choice because of having a MAC
4) Came across trekstor web site, read reviews, waited for the vibez to come out, read more reviews, and was happy to order it - seemed like a player I may have picked even without the MAC issue figuring into the decision
5) Trekstor arrived (sitting in room in box, waiting for dh to wrap :-) and I decided to see what my online download options are so that I am rarin' and ready to go Xmas morn.
6) I researching and find I have 3 options a) file sharing (most things I'd want are copyrighted music, and I'd like to try to not fall into that everyone is doing it mode) b) pay per download c) "all you can eat" subscription service.
7) Uh, oh, prefer c, but as I get digging further I find the list of providers that are not MAC compatible. Move over to the list I have for b, which also quickly narrows down for the same reason.
8) Only one on list not crossed off is itunes - which, and correct me if I am wrong, I cannot load onto my trekstor.
9) Now what????
10) Please, oh, please, I am hoping that you all know more than I do and that there is a mac AND trekstor compatible mecca awaiting me somewhere.

Thanks for any help, Alison

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]