android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
That guy asked about improving quality though, not increasing the volume. I assume he probably had a player that went a little louder then the clip (which is a bit quieter then most at 0dB).

Now I admit I only listened to the HD201s on a PC so volume wasn't a problem for me. But still given that an E5 is almost as expensive, I'd recommend he buy new headphones in order to get better sound. A fiio is just going to give him 3dB of bass boost and some extra volume he probably doesn't really need.
From his original post.....
Originally posted by OmegaChrono
Quote:
I'm looking to get an headphone amplifier for my Sennheiser HD 201 headphones. I don't really much about headphone amplifiers other than that they're supposed make them sound better. I also don't want to spend a great deal of money, (maybe around $50?). I'm mostly hoping to improve the bass to be at least comparable to the KOSS KSC75s which I use for running.
Look, I do agree with you that for his $50 budget he could most likely have found different headphones that sounded better than the 201's. I spent $69 (a little more, but worth it) and jumped into a whole new level of sound quality.

But really, all I did was answer his question for him, and for less money than he was willing to spend. So is that really bad advice?

Tags
benifit of portable amp, portable amp, what can amps accomplish, what do portable amps do, why amp, why use portabel amp, why use portable amp