android
Old 06-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I will compile a new bootloader once there's something in the SVN that justifies a new build... as of now I think you're still up-to-date with the one I posted before.

Epithetless sure knows this, but for everyone else: just because the SVN gets updated constantly doesn't mean it's relevant to the status of the Fuze bootloader.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Rockbox Developer

The Fuze build should not crash at all (with the last FS#10048 patch or not), so if you can make it crash i'd be interested to know how.

By the way I think this patch will go in SVN soon (I hope within 2 or 3 days), so there will be no need to use a patched version.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:49 AM

i'm getting the garbled text inside the Files menu (8GB Fuze with a 8GB card). i tried to move the files around but that didn't help either. does it mean i need to wipe the Fuze clean, install rockbox and then drag the files over again?

glad to see the Fuze is getting the Rockbox treatment finally.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannequin View Post
i'm getting the garbled text inside the Files menu (8GB Fuze with a 8GB card). i tried to move the files around but that didn't help either. does it mean i need to wipe the Fuze clean, install rockbox and then drag the files over again?

glad to see the Fuze is getting the Rockbox treatment finally.
I have an 8gb fuze with an 8gb card. I have the same problem but only with two folders located in the internal memory of my player and not with the rest of them. If I try to navigate through subfolders of these two I see garbage only or roxbock switches into the main menu or just hangs.

Do I need to reformat the memory?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:23 PM

Default I can't make bookmarks for files on microsd card

I can't make bookmarks for files on microsd card. The screen just freezes after clicking on "create bookmark". Music is playing but no buttons is working. Though the same options works just as I expected with files in the internal memory.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Rockbox Developer

mannequin : try to use scandisk on the fuze to see if the drive is corrupted

g3fuzer: bookmarks work fine on microsd for me , try to use scandisk on the card as well ?

Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 AM

I checked the card with scandisk, it's ok. There were four directories which list of files rockbox refused to display. There are no problems with these directories if they located on a microsd card. I tried to format the internal memory. After that contents of two of them could be displayed. But if I trying to see the the list of files in two others I see:
1. If a card is not inserted - only caption "Files"
2. If a card is inserted - "<microSD1>"
After that it's all I can see in any other directories, only reloading helps. I have no problem with original sandisk firmware with the same content and have had no problems with this "transcend microSD 8gb TS8GUSDC6" card.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:04 AM

8GB Fuze + 8 GB microSD and I'm having the same issues (saratoga's build):

1. garbled display of folders in internal memory. It happens only after trying to access some folders from the internal memory; after this happens access to storage is compromised. Adding to the playlist those folders retuns "Error accessing folder" but the display is fine.

2. skips to the next song with FLAC - when the usefl buffer goes empty.

SVN is better, but I get data aborts from time to time. These data aborts are reproducible on the tracks that skip, but I wasn't able to find a pattern.

Scandisk finds no errors on both the internal memory and the card.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Rockbox Developer

ok, thanks for the reports : we definitely to continue working on it

Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Shoot. I never did find the time to install RB on my Fuze (despite my eagerness)...and with these reports of folder corruption, it looks like I'll be holding off on it a while longer...Best of luck to the bug trackers and devs!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 PM

I've had no issues with this aside from battery life. The brightness is at it's lowest level, the backlight is set for 5 seconds, the blue LED is off (even though it flickers wildly when I press a button), and it is set to shutdown after being idle for 5 minutes.

Well, my battery seems to have been drastically cut down to about 6-8 hours from the ~15 I was getting from it. All my files are ogg vorbis (aotuv) -q 6 (192kbps). The current battery level is 75%, and RB says it has about 3.5 hours left. I still need to run a battery bench on it...I'll post the results here once completed.

I do use the default rockbox .wps; I like the simplicity of it. I'm not sure how much juice the Peak Meters draw, but either way - they're useless to me. I went into the .wps to remove the %pm tag, but it says something along the lines of "This is a dummy file which only resets the wps to rockbox default.", so I suppose it's coded in and uneditable. Can anyone provide me with a wps file for the Fuze that duplicates the code for the default RB wps, so I can remove the peak meter tags? Thanks.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
Well, my battery seems to have been drastically cut down to about 6-8 hours from the ~15 I was getting from it. All my files are ogg vorbis (aotuv) -q 6 (192kbps). The current battery level is 75%, and RB says it has about 3.5 hours left. I still need to run a battery bench on it...I'll post the results here once completed.
The battery estimation is meaningless for the Fuze. That won't be calibrated until the MMU is enabled and all clocks are fixed, since the exact rate of depletion of the battery changes almost day to day between builds right now.

Quote:
I do use the default rockbox .wps; I like the simplicity of it. I'm not sure how much juice the Peak Meters draw, but either way - they're useless to me. I went into the .wps to remove the %pm tag, but it says something along the lines of "This is a dummy file which only resets the wps to rockbox default.",
The default theme in rockbox is actually Cabbiev2. It sounds like you're editing the wrong file.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
The default theme in rockbox is actually Cabbiev2. It sounds like you're editing the wrong file.
Sorry, I meant "default" as in "rockbox_default.wps". CabbieV2 has it's own wps, which is editable. But when I open rockbox_default.wps, this is all that is contained within:

Code:
# Dummy file to allow Rockbox to reset to the default WPS config.
# Do not edit this file.  It's never actually loaded by Rockbox.
When I select the file, it changes the wps to the simple white text on black background - that is the wps I want, but without the peak meters.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I will compile a new bootloader once there's something in the SVN that justifies a new build...
Hey, dfkt, any chance we'll be seeing an updated bootloader from you after today's commit of FS #10048?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Here you go, new bootloader: http://anythingbutipod.com/images/fo...-dual_boot.zip

Old 06-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry, I meant "default" as in "rockbox_default.wps". CabbieV2 has it's own wps, which is editable. But when I open rockbox_default.wps, this is all that is contained within:

Code:
# Dummy file to allow Rockbox to reset to the default WPS config.
# Do not edit this file.  It's never actually loaded by Rockbox.
When I select the file, it changes the wps to the simple white text on black background - that is the wps I want, but without the peak meters.
The rockbox_default WPS code is in the source, in apps/gui/gwps-common.c, it looks like this:

Code:
            if(screen == SCREEN_MAIN)
            {
#if LCD_DEPTH > 1
                unload_wps_backdrop();
#endif
                wps_data_load(data,
                              display,
#ifdef HAVE_LCD_BITMAP
                              "%s%?it<%?in<%in. |>%it|%fn>\n"
                              "%s%?ia<%ia|%?d2<%d2|(root)>>\n"
                              "%s%?id<%id|%?d1<%d1|(root)>> %?iy<(%iy)|>\n"
                              "\n"
                              "%al%pc/%pt%ar[%pp:%pe]\n"
                              "%fbkBit %?fv<avg|> %?iv<(id3v%iv)|(no id3)>\n"
                              "%pb\n"
                              "%pm\n", false);
#else
                              "%s%pp/%pe: %?it<%it|%fn> - %?ia<%ia|%d2> - %?id<%id|%d1>\n"
                              "%pc%?ps<*|/>%pt\n", false);
#endif
            }
#ifdef HAVE_REMOTE_LCD
             /* set the default wps for the remote-screen */
             else if(screen == SCREEN_REMOTE)
             {
#if LCD_REMOTE_DEPTH > 1
                 unload_remote_wps_backdrop();
#endif
                 wps_data_load(data,
                               display,
                               "%s%?ia<%ia|%?d2<%d2|(root)>>\n"
                               "%s%?it<%?in<%in. |>%it|%fn>\n"
                               "%al%pc/%pt%ar[%pp:%pe]\n"
                               "%fbkBit %?fv<avg|> %?iv<(id3v%iv)|(no id3)>\n"
                               "%pb\n", false);
             }
#endif

Old 06-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Love you, man.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 AM

There are still some similar problems with displaying contents of the same folders on the internal memory. It displays a number of folders with unreadable characters in their names. When I try to display the contents of such folders it jumps to the root file menu dialog.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3fuzer View Post
There are still some similar problems with displaying contents of the same folders on the internal memory. It displays a number of folders with unreadable characters in their names. When I try to display the contents of such folders it jumps to the root file menu dialog.
And this is after formatting via the OS and checking the disk for errors?

Old 06-09-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
And this is after formatting via the OS and checking the disk for errors?
Yes. It was the first thing I did before installing new build.
P.S. and the second after installation. :-)