android
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 AM

Anyone gets disk corruption randomly ? From time to time my ubuntu shows that the file system on my clip is read-only and only formating helps

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 AM

I had a similar problem with the SVN that was first posted (I think in the page 10 of this thread); after doing something else that just listening to music the Clip rebooted and then the .rockbox directory was all messed up.
However, with a more recent SVN the problem never happened again.

Regards

Old 06-04-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXCracer View Post
Anyone gets disk corruption randomly ? From time to time my ubuntu shows that the file system on my clip is read-only and only formating helps
That happened once, after I was doing a lot of experimenting, it hasn't happened again, so I can't point to anything specific as a cause.

Even with the latest build, I'm having trouble with playback, if I skip tracks forward or back, playback will stop about 30 seconds later and I have to power off/on to get the clip to play again, it's happened with MP3 VBR, MP3 320kbps, Ogg and, if I remember correctly, FLAC. If I just choose an album and let it play straight through it's fine. Is anyone NOT seeing the same issue? If so, what file type and bit rate are you using? I'll re-encode to [almost] anything to get skip track and playback working.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:21 AM

You can flip the power switch each time the track is changed and then just go to resume playback, through my experience with rockbox on the clip this does work.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
That happened once, after I was doing a lot of experimenting, it hasn't happened again, so I can't point to anything specific as a cause.

Even with the latest build, I'm having trouble with playback, if I skip tracks forward or back, playback will stop about 30 seconds later and I have to power off/on to get the clip to play again, it's happened with MP3 VBR, MP3 320kbps, Ogg and, if I remember correctly, FLAC. If I just choose an album and let it play straight through it's fine. Is anyone NOT seeing the same issue? If so, what file type and bit rate are you using? I'll re-encode to [almost] anything to get skip track and playback working.
I'm running version r20783-090425 on a 1gb, complied by dfkt, with repeat off, folder advance off, browsing by db, with a few sound setting enhancements and have had very good success playing whole albums through without much hassle. Playback is clean with good sound quality and very little issues with freezing. I posted the file types and results I tried in an earlier post here. Sometimes I’ll try a game during music playback and I’m surprised how long it runs without freezing.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 AM

WalkGood, did you give Saratoga's patched build a try?

Since I only use file/folder browsing and you only use DB browsing, I wonder how it works for you.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Since I only use file/folder browsing and you only use DB browsing, I wonder how it works for you.
Not yet as I had read of others getting the freeze up on a track, so I went back to what I was doing before. I'll give it a try later and let you know.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:30 AM

Here's a fresh bootloader: http://anythingbutipod.com/images/fo...-dual_boot.zip

Old 06-05-2009, 09:01 AM

Appologies, I spoke too soon or jinxed myself, I just ran out the door for a quick errand and had two freeze ups, strange :/ I’ll be out most of the day exploring and need more tunes with me, so I won’t try till later as the clip won’t be making this adventure into the woods.

Edit:
Quote:

Testing now, see you in irc later or mañana

Last edited by WalkGood; 06-05-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Rockbox Developer

The FS#10048 shouldn't fix the bug that makes Clip stops during playback (in fact it doesn't :P ), for now I suppose it's a problem with the small memory (2MB) because I don't see it on Fuze or e200v2 which have 8MB. If some of you guys own a m200v4 as well, it would be nice to test rockbox on it to see if it has the same problem than Clip (the m200v4 has 2MB of memory also).

I didn't post in the m200 forum since there is no rockbox thread, and it can be confusing with the 4 hardware revisions

Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 AM

Thanks for the updates funman, you guys rock! I'm certainly no expert but I believe you are right. The rare times I get a freeze on clip is if I'm fiddling around too much and/or the file playing is more complicated than most.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Not yet as I had read of others getting the freeze up on a track, so I went back to what I was doing before. I'll give it a try later and let you know.
The playback freezes have not changed with any of the builds I've tried (the ones posted here). The scenario is consistant. Choose an album (from DB or file browser, doesn't matter) let it play straight through, everything is fine. However, start the same album and hit >>| (track skip forward) and 30 to 50 seconds later, the playback freezes. [edit-- the length of time a song plays before hanging up is dependant on the bit rate, very low bitrate files can go as long as 2 minutes before stopping]

When playback freezes, some of the info on screen also changes, the track time is changed to zero's and "?kBit (no id3)" is displayed instead of the bitrate.

To avoid the issue for now, I went to Settings - Playback Settings -Prevent Track Skipping, changed it to "yes", and that at least prevents my unintentional or force-of-habit track changes from causig lockups.

Last edited by Alohamora; 06-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
The FS#10048 shouldn't fix the bug that makes Clip stops during playback (in fact it doesn't :P ), for now I suppose it's a problem with the small memory (2MB) because I don't see it on Fuze or e200v2 which have 8MB. If some of you guys own a m200v4 as well, it would be nice to test rockbox on it to see if it has the same problem than Clip (the m200v4 has 2MB of memory also).

I didn't post in the m200 forum since there is no rockbox thread, and it can be confusing with the 4 hardware revisions
It looks like I have a V4 M240, one of the buttons is bad, so I wouldn't experimenting with it. Can I get files somewhere, I have no means of compiling them myself.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
The playback freezes have not changed with any of the builds I've tried (the ones posted here). The scenario is consistant. Choose an album (from DB or file browser, doesn't matter) let it play straight through, everything is fine. However, start the same album and hit >>| (track skip forward) and 30 to 50 seconds later, the playback freezes. [edit-- the length of time a song plays before hanging up is dependant on the bit rate, very low bitrate files can go as long as 2 minutes before stopping]

When playback freezes, some of the info on screen also changes, the track time is changed to zero's and "?kBit (no id3)" is displayed instead of the bitrate.

To avoid the issue for now, I went to Settings - Playback Settings -Prevent Track Skipping, changed it to "yes", and that at least prevents my unintentional or force-of-habit track changes from causig lockups.
Thanks for the info, although it doesn’t explain when mine may freeze, as I listen to albums all the way through, it’s not very often that I’ll get a freeze, but it does happen. I have noticed that it's typically on higher bit rate encoded files. Last night I switched to Saratoga’s build and ran for most of today, only had 2 songs freeze at the very start and the rest of today has been freeze free.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
It looks like I have a V4 M240, one of the buttons is bad, so I wouldn't experimenting with it. Can I get files somewhere, I have no means of compiling them myself.
The Rockbox firmware is here: http://build.rockbox.org/dist/build-m200v4/rockbox.zip

As for the bootloader, I don't have the firmware, so I can't compile it.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Rockbox Developer

Here is a m200v4 bootloader, just unzip it to the root of the player and eject device to install

http://rapidshare.com/files/241658999/m200p.zip.html
It can only be downloaded 10 times though, so i hope not everyone will click on it

Old 06-06-2009, 07:25 PM

Thanks dfkt and funman, I got the files downloaded and installed on M240.

Unfortunately, there are 2 problems, first the playback volume is too low. Even set all the way to the top of the scale, the volume is only the equivalent of about one-quarter scale on the OF. Second, playback crashes after 15 seconds to 1.5 minutes even without touching anything but the volume button.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:32 AM

New Clip bootloader: http://anythingbutipod.com/images/fo...-dual_boot.zip

Old 06-09-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks!
And what is the improvement/difference with respect to the other?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

And thanks again as well. Just wish that that freeze issue could be isolated and eradicated ...