android
Old 06-01-2009, 05:43 AM

Default video on cowon sd card

I am having difficulty having videos, which are recognised and play well when put in the device memory, are not recognised by my Cowon D2 when I put them on the SD card. I am using Jetshell for Cowon D2, though I must admit that I am really a novice when it comes to using the D2 - my former favourite MP3 player was the Sansa Clip, however this had neither the option of playing videos or of inserting any extra memory cards.
I would appreciate any help from someone with more experience!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 AM

Put the same video on the Sd card but you need to search the card once on the player. I had this same problem when I first got mine. in video mode tap the screen once. In the lower left corner tap it again. search movie list then back it out till you get to the d2/Sd card screen Then select the Sd card then you can find the video there. I hope that helps.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:36 AM

I had no problems when I put the videos in a folder called "VIDEO" on teh SD card, same for anything else, just set up the SD card to have the same folder structure as the D2 itself. to get to the SD card on your pc using windows explorer go to "my computer" there should be two new "drives" if the SD card is in the player and it's plugged in, they will most likely have generic names, open one, if there's already a bunch of folders in there back out and get to the other one, right click the black space click "new" then "folder" rename it to "VIDEO" and put the movie in there

Old 06-02-2009, 02:49 AM

Lightbulb

Thank you to bill rhea and to flamin spirit! I followed bill's advice about searching and backing out of the the movie screen and then searching for the D2 SD card. I had not really grasped the method of using the arrow keys on that screen before. flamin spirit helped with the idea of folder structure on the card. I am not sure if the capital letters are essential, however I used exactly the format on the basic machine for VIDEO. anyway, I seem to have overcome my problem and am very grateful for the help given so quickly.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:19 AM

Just a tip if you dont know you do not need to use the arrow buttons you can slide your fingers across the screen like an Iphone to scroll. You can go side to side and up and down.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 PM

yep, it's way more intuitive than using those little buttons, left is back, up scrolls up down scrolls down, and right selects things, you you could just tap what you wanna select haha

after having the D2 for awhile I'm kinda wishing it had a capacitive touch screen rather than the pressure touch screen it has, I don't have any scratches yet (thank god) but there is one little iffy spot that is kinda wierd and I want to fix that before I get a screen protector for it

Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM

put a best skin ever screen protector on it it will never scratch. Man that stuff is amazing.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 AM

put a best skin ever screen protector on it it will never scratch. Man that stuff is amazing.
and where does one find the 'best ever screen protector'? does it have a brand name or is that the brand name?!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:22 AM

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

Old 06-04-2009, 08:24 AM

I think right now they are giving a 2 for the price of one. I just bought one for my smart phone (same size screen as the D2) and they sent me an extra one.