android
Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default P7 Firmware Update 1.28 / June 1, 2009

I just noticed the Irver has updated the P7's firmware. HERE. No idea what changes or improvements have been made. If you find out please post them here.

Last edited by Olley; 06-01-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ummm, Olley, the link is dead.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

For some reason ABI corrupts the link. Try cut and paste:
http://nyaochi.sakura..ne.jp/iriverupdate/
Remove the extra period.

Just a warning, My P7 is now bricked. No idea what went wrong and reset doesn't fix it. My Vista PC sees the P7 as a removable drive but does not recognize it as a device anymore. Firmware updater doesn't see it. Black screen is all I see on the P7.

Last edited by Olley; 06-01-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
For some reason ABI corrupts the link. Try cut and paste:
http://nyaochi.sakura..ne.jp/iriverupdate/

Remove the extra period.
Just a warning, My P7 is now bricked. No idea what went wrong and reset doesn't fix it. Py Vista PC sees the P7 as a removable drive but does not recognize it as a device anymore. Firmware updater doesn't see it. Black screen is all I see on the P7.
Many thanks for that firmware link, Olley. Much appreciated. Currently the P7 can only update the firmware via the Plus software, which is a fairly slow process. iRiver's web site looks nice, but has precious little information. All eye candy but skimpy on the information. Exactly what was fixed with the firmware? Version 1.28 is a fairly large jump after the last update 1.15.

I'm sorry to hear of your bricked P7. Fortunately I managed to update without any issues - did it through the Plus software. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'll not be recommending the P7 to anyone from now on. This is the first player among a few dozen that I've had that died from a firmware update. I'll blame it on a cosmic ray or somesuch, but the end result is a 16gb flash drive and nothing more. I can't even access the microSD card content from the PC. Iriver has been contacted. None of the "fixes" I could find online works with the P7. Fortunately I have a few other players to distract me.

Olley

Old 06-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscans View Post
Exactly what was fixed with the firmware? Version 1.28 is a fairly large jump after the last update 1.15.
I haven't gotten any word about my P7 back from iriver yet. Do YOU notice anything different with the new firmware? Does ANYONE?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

I'm glad I don't have one to risk bricking. A shame that..seemed a promising player.