android
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 PM
ABI Founder

Default Zune on the Xbox In Full 1080p HD + International

Today's Zune announcements at E3 unfortunately are not about new additional specs, release dates, ect... but the new has to do with Zune being the new entertainment platform on the Xbox 360. Full on with 1080p streaming... take that Blueray...

Press Release: http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/p...06-01E3PR.mspx

Quote:
Video startup is as close to instantaneous as possible by seamlessly transitioning between many different bitrates and resolutions of video
Video playback will start at a low bitrate for fast download time and then ramp up to a higher bitrate and quality
This process enables delivery of up to 1080p with 5.1 surround sound
Enhanced search functions within Zune video on Xbox LIVE helps you easily find your favorite film or TV show

This a great opportunity for users to gainaccess to a high-def home video experience on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.In addition to the eight markets we announced last week (US, Canada, UK, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Spain), Zune video will also launch along with Xbox LIVE in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Also, last.fm comming to xbox, as well as twitter and facebook.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Very interesting. It's almost as if the XBOX 360 is an alternate computer platform for gaming enthusiasts. My son is already on my case to use Netflix.

Perhaps Microsoft wants to bring back WebTV?

Last edited by musichound; 06-01-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
ABI Founder

Bring on Hulu support and ill be wicked excited.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 PM

Wouldn't this just suck up your download quota?!?
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeys View Post
Wouldn't this just suck up your download quota?!?
In the US (and many other countries too), we have no download quota to speak of. Actually we do, but I'm a very heavy user and have never hit it. It is just some magical number in the sky that Comcast busts out when someone downloads 400GB/day or something crazy.

However, I stream a full HD movie from Netflix at least once a week, play internet radio, download Zune content (over and over, since I'm always testing devices), watch IP tv through Media Center, etc... and it works great.

My parents in Adelaide DO have a quota, and I always cost them a fortune when I go home to visit...

Cheers, Dave.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
In the US (and many other countries too), we have no download quota to speak of. Actually we do, but I'm a very heavy user and have never hit it. It is just some magical number in the sky that Comcast busts out when someone downloads 400GB/day or something crazy.

However, I stream a full HD movie from Netflix at least once a week, play internet radio, download Zune content (over and over, since I'm always testing devices), watch IP tv through Media Center, etc... and it works great.

My parents in Adelaide DO have a quota, and I always cost them a fortune when I go home to visit...

Cheers, Dave.
Wow, here in Aus, we have a download quota per month of around 4GB on peak and 8GB of peak. We always hit our on peak, but never our off peak.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread .

Anyone think they'll use this service? I mean for downloading movies and such.
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Tags
1080p, full hd, hd, video, xbla, xbox live, zune