android
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 AM

Default Remove/Disable Apps?

Is it possible to remove and/or disable some of the apps on the D2? I'd like to clean up the GUI because I don't use Notepad, Games, or Video features.

Dale

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-11-2009, 02:24 PM

I do not think so, because they are not necessarily "apps" but rather they're features of the player itself, they cannot be installed or uninstalled. I personally don't have any problems with the gui as it is, and I only really use it for music, but I can see how it could be annoying for someone who has larger hands than I. some of the "puttons" would be hard to select I would imagine.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Banned

One thing I'd like to get rid of is the album art square. Since most of my FLAC's don't show album art (I'm not keen on how they do, through ID3?) I just have a blank square covering my background (wallpaper). Even if I did have album art I wouldn't want it over the background anyway.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:30 PM

to add album art (works on any file type) just save a .jpg image in the folder the music is in and name it cover.jpg then it will show instead of the blank square or whatever your theme makes it.

In addition, if you take apart a theme with the convert theme tool (someone posted it here, but I don't remember where) you can change the album art insert to a completely transparent image, thus effectively removing the generic logo. the images taken out using the convert theme tool are in.tga format so you'll need something like the Gimp to edit them, I would recommend the gimp because it's open source (free)

Old 05-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Banned

Thanks for the info Spirit!

I admit this is all rather trivial, but I like having things look just the way I want (I'm fussy that way). I knew about the cover.jpg method, but didn't even know I could completely remove the annoying (to me) square or other icon in place of cover art (that I usually leave out) that crowds up my screen. I do know that I can choose a transparent or clear theme though, and that works pretty well. I will work with the theme converting though, well maybe if I'm not too afraid of screwing something up!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:27 PM

Just make sure you know what the "cover" image is by default, then use gimp or some other program's "open" menu to find the correct .tga file, I would find the correct name myself, but I'm not on my usual computer and won't be until I get a new monitor (dell has been saying "it'll come in the next 3 days" for about a week and a half now) I used this method to darken a wallpaper that came as default on the theme I was using so I could more easily read the song names, because the said theme didn't really work well with any text color I chose except a pale blue or white, both of which were nigh impossible to see

Old 05-30-2009, 10:51 PM

you could probably get rid of some icons by making a flash theme that doesn't show it. it probably won't work but just a thought

Old 05-30-2009, 11:33 PM

well flash skins and themes are different in that themes are a complete reskin of the UI and flash skins are a rework of the "now playing" screen, you could make a theme where some of the main menu buttons are transparent by doing the aforementioned method to remove the "cover" image. you cannot, however, change where the buttons are activated IE where you press on screen to activate a certain feature, like the music or video playing screens. In a flash skin everything is read from the actionscript of the theme, so you can have buttons wherever you want in the now playing screen.

to change where and how the main menu buttons are activated, one would have to rewrite the firmware, which we cannot do as of now