android
Old 05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
ABI Founder

Default Amazon Blackberry App = Fun

Im a big fan of Amazon and is where i purchase most of the stuff i buy online. Its nice to use it as a shopping list too with the Blackberry Amazon application. Basically what this does is i take a photo of what i want to buy and send the picture to amazon. They look at the photo and make the best match for the product.

I was out of coffee, so i took a picture of the empty can. Sure enough amazon found the product and told me how much it was. i clicked buy.

I was at lunch the other day with a friend and i wanted to show off the power of the app so i took a picture of the salt and pepper shakers on the table and sure enough it came back with almost an exact match. My friend was impressed.

I continued to use it just for fun, but found more legitimate uses. I noticed that my headlight was out on my car and i kept forgetting to to buy a light. So i though, ok they probably wont find the correct item if i take a picture of my headlight out, but it will at least put somethign on my shopping list as a reminder to find the right one....

but to my surprise, i took this picure and got back the proper headlamps for my car...

...thats not even the coolest part!

Im in the kitchen and i dropped a kitchen knive (the famous one from the screen tests). as it was falling i grabbed it from the wrong end and it sliced my finger. I thought, man, i dont have any bandaids, i need to remember to buy them. So i took a photo of my bloody finger and sent it to Amazon.

A few min later they suggested i buy these:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Contributing Editor

Thats a pretty legit app. I think they are coming out with it on Android soon. Ill look forward to that.
Have you tried ShopSavvy? Same basic thing on the G1, but you scan the barcode or type in a description, and it scans local stores and the internet for the best prices.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
ABI Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasrhp View Post
Thats a pretty legit app. I think they are coming out with it on Android soon. Ill look forward to that.
Have you tried ShopSavvy? Same basic thing on the G1, but you scan the barcode or type in a description, and it scans local stores and the internet for the best prices.
I did try the shopsavvy on the G1. it was ok, but it relied on the barcode and it wasnt always easy to "scan" the barcode. Im sure Amazon will eventually release the app for the G1.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Grrr, I wish they had this for my BB Storm. It's not available for it yet!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 01:16 AM

Between this post and the one on Blackberry SQ I had to go and get a Blackberry Bold tonight....my wife is going to kill me tomorrow. Especially since I haven't taken back either the Q2 or P3...I like them both too much.

Can't believe the dang thing is still $299 with 2 year contract and $100 rebate.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
I did try the shopsavvy on the G1. it was ok, but it relied on the barcode and it wasnt always easy to "scan" the barcode. Im sure Amazon will eventually release the app for the G1.

My friend is the one who created that app.

Tags
amazon, blackberry