android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2009, 04:08 AM

I have an E-Series player (an NWZ-E438F, an 8GB flash player) and the issue I've had with library creation isn't that it happens often, but that it takes so long each time. I filled my player to near capacity, and each time it took several minutes to create the library (at least once it took more than 5 minutes before I was able to use my player).

However, I think a factor in this is the number of files on the player. I reduced the number of files on the player to less than 200 (from over 1,400) and it only took a few seconds for the library to rebuild.

With my A-Series player (see my sig) it seems the only time it rebuilds the library is after I disconnect it from my computer, and it only takes a short time to create the library (although it does take longer if I add a large number of files to the player such as when I first loaded my player).

For me, frequent library creation that takes a while has been the main issue with my E-Series player, and it is the reason I don't often use the player.

Headphones: JVC HA-S140