android
Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM

Default Speakers for home use and travel

I'm looking for some speakers for use in my bedroom that have good SQ and quite a bit of bass (but not too much) which cost anything up to 40 as well as a small cheap travel speaker for under 10, and I need some recommendations. I have a Creative ZEN, so if there are any ZEN specific docks or speakers out there that I've missed it would be great to know about them too.

Last edited by greeny; 05-11-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo =]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 PM

Still searching...

Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well since the ZEN doesn't have a prop cable, just a standard mini USB there really aren't any docks specifically made for such a player. Except some kinda generic "holder" solution. I'd probably go Logitech myself. While probably not to be held in high regard with sound, I think they do make good quality products, even their cheaper stuff seems to be outsourced to fairly high quality production facilities, and they feel well built, not flimsy and such. I have a set of X-140's that I setup in my parents garden work shed. It has an adjustable "Tone" control, which is okay to control the sound abit, which is nice considering they only cost 18€.

I havn't really heard of any 40 wonders as far as speakers go... Although you can probably find 2.1 systems on sale at ridiculous prices every now and then.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 AM

for home speakers, I think the altec lansing vs2421 is pretty good.. reasonably cheap and I read that it sounds really good.. I personally have the vs2321 and I am really pleased with it.. They say the vs2421 is even better so it must be good.

For travel speakers.. um Im not too sure since Im not really into travel speakers (I use IEM's for travelling )

Tags
home, speakers, travel