android
Old 08-28-2008, 10:07 PM

Angry Cannot orginize music the way I want :(((((( Help!

Hi everyone...
Today I have spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to orginize all my folders I want...And I wanna have exacly the same order on my player as on my pc.So,when I put one folder that contents 60 bends it orginises it alphabeticaly,song to song...How to make it play artist by artist???I was triiyng to orginize it on computer before drag and drop but each time I copied them d2 orginezed it like it wants...Please,explain me how to solve this issue

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-29-2008, 05:01 PM

Try putting all 60 bands in separate folders.

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenodius View Post
Try putting all 60 bands in separate folders.
+1 !!! If you have all this in 1 folder then the D2 will just alphabetize the folder. They have to be separated by band or artist followed by cd or album.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM

but if each folder contains just 2 or 3 songs?it is kind og inconvinient to open each folder ((

Old 09-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Well if you put them all into one folder (and you are browsing by folders) the player doesn't know how they are arranged. The way files are organized in windows is by Name, Size, Type, Modified (right click Arrange Icons By). But this is just a way to show/sort the files. There is nothing built into these files/folder that says "arrange files this way all the time". The D2, and I believe all players, arrange files in a folder alphabetically. This is why you have to put a number (1,2,3,4...) in front of the track name if you want them to be in order.

If you want to put all your songs into one folder and be in that order, what you should do is use a renaming program to add a number in front of the track name. They will be arranged alphabetically still, but if you numbers your files correctly they will be in the same order.

I will say that I would personally put them in appropriate artist/album folders regardless of how many or few songs there are. If there are only a few songs than a few taps of the skip button works. Basically it sounds like what you want is just one very large list of songs...no real organization.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Do what some do - download iTunes, and allow it to organize your music files into folders. Then DELETE it when finished!!! Sneaky way for apple to give back to the audio Community!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
Do what some do - download iTunes, and allow it to organize your music files into folders. Then DELETE it when finished!!! Sneaky way for apple to give back to the audio Community!!!
O_O

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-10-2009, 05:09 PM

Im sorry for a long silence...
Thank you!!!The advice to give to each song its number works fine but I figured out how to organize everything via mediamonkey...
))))