android
Old 05-09-2009, 02:43 AM

Default Best EQ settings for rock?

Hey guys , What do you think are the best eq settings for rock?. and with the EQ settings do you mess around with the master eq too?

mine currently

60Hz - +3
150Hz - +2
400Hz - -5
1.1Hz - -7
3.5Hz - +3
8KHz - +5
14KHz - +3

Master EQ

0 for everything havent done anything to that.

I listen to things like disturbed , breaking benjamin , alterbridge, chevelle, Rage against the machine, Tool, Chevelle, Foo Fighters, Creed And so on

What are a good recommendation for bands like these? .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That all depends on what headphones you are using, and what kind of sound signature you prefer.....somebody else really can't answer the question of what sounds good to you, can they?

I have 2 sets of 'phones that don't need any EQ at all, one that needs only a little EQ, and one set that needs a lot of EQ tweaks. That doesn't change with different styles of music, either.....you just need to decide, for yourself, what you like your tunes to sound like, and set your EQ accordingly.

It will take some trial and error, but it can be fun experimenting with the different settings. Take a set of the songs you know the best , and try them with different settings....then go back to the original, then try a different setting, etc. You've got a great player....have some fun seeing what you can do with it!

Old 05-09-2009, 03:23 AM

I have a pair of sennheiser mx-460 but yeh i want to know what other people have done so i can try theres and i might find a good sound for me. because im no good at finding good eq. btw when playing with eq do i build master eq too?

Old 05-09-2009, 03:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantCoffee View Post
btw when playing with eq do i build master eq too?
That will have to be answered by somebody that actually has a P2
My players don't have a regular and master EQ.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:47 AM

it depends on your preference.. BTW IMO a good EQ setting will produce good sound on any music not just rock

Old 05-09-2009, 03:54 AM

Well... What are your guys EQ+Master EQ settings? And it doesnt really mean that. Some softer rock doesnt go good with the settings i have. i want a good all round settings to but i cant find any really good settings to make the p2 sound good. and to be honest, the p2 atm aint sounding as good and the samsung s3. with the s3 you just click rock. and thats it, it sounded really good. btw jjrosaria im a kiwi too