android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 AM

Thumbs up The TrekStor Vibez Details

Since there's virtually no information about the TrekStor Vibez here, I decided to create a new topic just for the awesome DAP But now my experiences with this player:

When I first held it in my hands I was surprised how small it actually was. It looks much bigger on the pictures in the net, maybe bc of the huge control wheel. It lies perfectly in my hands, I can use it single handed (except for locking the controls which requires to hold the center of the wheel and pressing the Power-Button). The player looks quite solid and well built. The navigation is quite easy and feels "natural". I had no problems to operate it at all. Despite the menu animations are a bit laggy, I still like the menu.. you don't have to wait for the animations to finish

Pretty sweet is the album art feature, it even recognizes the "folder.jpg" (from WinDOS XP). You can also set a fixed wallpaper.

The Vibez supports playlists (m3u) and folder navigation. It also has it's own database. Adding files is quite fast, after putting them on the device, the database is automatically updated.

The coolest thing about the Vibez is the support of gapless playback. It works perfect with my Ogg Vorbis files (I didn't check FLAC and mp3, I'll do that if there's any interest). The sound quality is pretty decent (at least for me) - I tested it with my Sennheiser HD 590 headphones and my Sennheiser CX 300 earbuds.

I can't say very much about the battery life, the player just arrived. I'll write a follow up next week

If there're any questions, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]