android
Old 04-05-2009, 03:51 AM

Default Bad Version.txt file. Doesn't seem to load bios either.

Well, thanks in advance for looking at my post. Basically, I tried the sansalinux and something went wrong. I am now stuck with trying to get this thing working again. I can get the e200 tools working and it seems to run all the recovery stuff, but it never seems to actually load the .mi4 image.
Also, as stated in the title, my version.txt file is just a bunch of garbage data. I have a e270 if that means anything...

I found someone elses version.txt file, included that with BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.ROM, the PP5022.MI4 (newest from forums.sansa ), Sansa.fmt on the 16mb recovery partitions. Once I unmount, I get

LUN0 unlocked
LUN0 locked

I get this forever. Also note that I have formated it with windows. I have since flashed BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.ROM with the e200 tool.

Thanks for any help in advance...

stringa

Last edited by stringa; 04-05-2009 at 04:38 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2009, 05:17 AM

Note : this is an addendum to the problem above...

I just tried following the advice of an earlier post ...

Quote:

Based on your problem, you'll probably need all four files to fully clean your sansa:
The bootloader, the firmware, version.txt, and sansa.fmt.

Grab the version.txt file advcomp2019 posted on the first page, and save it on to the 16MB-FORMAT drive that appears on your computer. Download the 1.02.18A firmware - the one on [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]my [COLOR=blue ! important]site[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
has been known to work: http://chrisjs.com/PP5022.mi4 . Save that onto your sansa, and rename it to firmware.mi4. Download the bootloader as well - http://chrisjs.com/download/firmware...DSUPPORTSD.ROM . Save that onto your sansa, and rename it to pribootLoader.rom. Note that firmware.mi4 and pribootLoader.rom are case sensitive. Create a blank file called sansa.fmt in notepad, and save it onto the 16MB-FORMAT drive as well.
But all I get is the same...

LUN0 LOCKED...
LUN0 UNLOCKED...

There has got to be one thing that I'm missing or doing wrong.
Thanks for any help in advance...

stringa

Old 04-05-2009, 05:14 PM

According to the note section of the Beginners Step by Step to UN-Brick Sansa this is supposed to happen. This is the guide I used.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:50 PM

How long should it go on? I'm curious because it seems that it's never going to stop. 1 minute ? 10 minutes ?

Thanks,

stringa

Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 PM

I just disconnected once the screen fills up (maybe 30 seconds). The sansa should reboot then. This may take several tries to get it right.

Last edited by carpenter940; 04-06-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:19 AM

well, I left it on that for 10 minutes and it never rebooted. I keeps displaying the locked/unlocked screen. Should I be trying different bios's? I'm not sure what to do. I can get it to do this every time by using all 4 files. I've tried renaming them for pribootLoader.rom and firmware.mi4 and it still does the same thing.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM

Default ur solution

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=33823