android
Old 07-13-2008, 08:54 PM

Exclamation Album Art not showing up on P2 (yes, again)

Hello. I am back again with album art problems. This time I know the problem is the P2.

I spent a few weekends redoing all my tags and adding album art with MediaMonkey. They showed up perfectly when played in Windows and Linux. When I transfered them to my P2 using EmoDio, more then 75% of the albums were art-less. I thought the problem was with EmoDio, but then I transfered all the songs that were on my P2 to my PS3 and then my Mac, and they are all there. I even transfered them to my iPod Touch (before anyone brings out the torches, I got it for free when I bought my new MacBook Pro and wanted to see how bad the audio quality really was. Its REALLY bad and the UI is horrible) and the cover art showed up perfectly. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I know album art isn't all that important, but I wasted a few weekends getting my mp3s all organized and album-art-ed and I want them to work.

So anyone out there think they can help this poor soul out?
Thanks ahead of time for any help you guys can give me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-14-2008, 02:34 AM

Try syncing with some other software(wmp, sms), or you could do a format on the p2, but remember to backup your files first.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 AM

What format are the images that you are embedding in the MP3's? I've found that the P2 doesn't seem to like .gifs as the source of the image. .jpg are definitely OK, and I think .png were as well, but not .gif.

I was tagging a ton of my files last night...I did the exact same process for every file, but when I went to listen today, there were a bunch that were art-less. I'm 95% sure that the ones that were missing had .gif as the image, even though MediaMonkey (under Windows) and Amarok (under Linux) all were displaying the images in the mp3s properly.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Samsung Moderator

You didn't give very specific information how you accomplished tagging the files. Are all the files embedded with album art or is the album art a separate file called folder.jpg (or something similar). If they're all embedded, what are their formats and pixel dimensions? These are important things to note if you want a solution to the problem.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilp View Post
I was tagging a ton of my files last night...I did the exact same process for every file, but when I went to listen today, there were a bunch that were art-less. I'm 95% sure that the ones that were missing had .gif as the image, even though MediaMonkey (under Windows) and Amarok (under Linux) all were displaying the images in the mp3s properly.
That is exactly what I did with the exact same result. They all show up in media players perfectly (even my PS3), but only some of the artwork shows up without a problem on the P2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
You didn't give very specific information how you accomplished tagging the files. Are all the files embedded with album art or is the album art a separate file called folder.jpg (or something similar). If they're all embedded, what are their formats and pixel dimensions? These are important things to note if you want a solution to the problem.
Sorry, I didn't think you would need all that info. Anyway, the album art is embedded in the mp3s. I used MediaMonkey to embedded them, which gets its art from Amazon. Seems most of them are 500x500 pixel JPEGs.

That's all the info I can give you guys ATM. Sadly iTunes doesn't let me see the specs of the embedded album art (I am using iTunes because I am on my mac. Don't know of any other music player for Mac so I use it ATM). I can post definite specs sometime tomorrow when I can get on my desktop and check the album art within Linux or Windows.

If you guys need any other info from me, just post what you need and I will find it for you.

PS Reason I didn't post any specs at first is because people said they used MediaMonkey for Album art and it worked perfectly. So thought it might be a problem with the P2 and not the program used or the album art itself.

Update: I just plugged my P2 into my PS3 and some the same problem happens. I only get artwork for some for the mp3s. Now I am really confused.

Last edited by GumbyX84; 07-14-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Update on problem

Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 PM

I use mp3tag to embed the album art onto the mp3 file. No matter what size, 500x500 or less, it works. All of my images are jpeg for ease of use.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 PM

Check every single song to make sure that artwork shows for each one individually, sometimes MediaMonkey misses a tag or two.

Last edited by Utew; 07-15-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 PM

I have mediamonkey gold and mp3tag. I've found that sometimes MMGold can't embed the cover art and will just add it to the folder. Mp3tag never has that problem. The both pull the art from Amazon or u can select your own from a saved jpeg.

I would def give it a try. It's free.
Apple iPod Touch 32gb (sigh) w/Fiio E1

Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Samsung Moderator

It's probably not a problem with where it it's pulling it from or what it is. Media Monkey, as Unolord said, sometimes has a problem with embedding into each song. Use mp3tag, it searches Amazon and works just as well, and it's guaranteed to work. I promise

www.mp3tag.de/en/

Old 07-16-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unolord View Post
I have mediamonkey gold and mp3tag. I've found that sometimes MMGold can't embed the cover art and will just add it to the folder. Mp3tag never has that problem. The both pull the art from Amazon or u can select your own from a saved jpeg.

I would def give it a try. It's free.
I know the album art is embedded because when I copy just the mp3s to my mac and iPod, the cover art shows up fine.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:58 PM

i installed mp3tag,what will be my next step.??????? i don't how to puit an album art..

Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Samsung Moderator

See this thread for more help with mp3tag:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=18362

Old 07-27-2008, 03:58 AM

i have the same issue. I use emodio to update art on all albums and only one will not show up. I have tried several images and an emodio album art update and still nothing every other one has worked out great but this one will not show no matter what I do.

Art is a .jpg and is 240x240.

Any ideas?

Last edited by bassmark; 07-27-2008 at 04:16 AM. Reason: typo

Old 07-27-2008, 08:04 PM

I recommend Easytag for tag editing.

What I did was I resized all my album art to 200x200 and then embedded them with easy tag. They were both jpeg and png

Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 AM

All I did was have gracenote look it up in emodio then transfer it to my P2. Bingo!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:30 PM

P2 doesn't like PNGs, GIFs, BMPs and JPEGs. It only likes JPG as the extension! The progressive compression should be OFF!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiprah View Post
I recommend Easytag for tag editing.

What I did was I resized all my album art to 200x200 and then embedded them with easy tag. They were both jpeg and png
200x200 is a very small size. 270x270 is the default album art size for the P2.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:11 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnorino View Post
Mine are the default album cover size from Amazon.com. They are all JPGs also. Yet they still do not show up on the P2. They are properly embedded to the mp3s and show up on everything but my P2 and PS3 (oddly enough). I would post one of the afflicted mp3 files if I wouldn't get in trouble for it. : sighs:

Old 07-29-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
P2 doesn't like PNGs, GIFs, BMPs and JPEGs. It only likes JPG as the extension! The progressive compression should be OFF!
.jpg is the extension for JPEG. All my album Art works...both JPEGs and PNGs.

Quote:
They are stretched and they look fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
Mine are the default album cover size from Amazon.com. They are all JPGs also. Yet they still do not show up on the P2. They are properly embedded to the mp3s and show up on everything but my P2 and PS3 (oddly enough). I would post one of the afflicted mp3 files if I wouldn't get in trouble for it. : sighs:
It might me the tag editing settings. Does the P2 support all ID3 tag versions?

Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 PM

I had a very similar problem to the first post to this thread, the thing is I've always used both Emodio and Samsung Media Studio. I don't know if this matters but I had American music on my p2 and using those programs ALWAYS worked out just fine to put on album art. Then recently today I got music from a foreign group.I used my Emodio program first to get the album art on it and it didn't work! Then I decided to uninstall and grab Samsung Media Studio that didn't work either!

So then I figured I changed the format of the images. The formats .jpg and .png did not work!(Also for .png for Emodio it was not a supported format. Oh for those using the same version of Emodio or Samsung Media Studio I do use the Korean version) Anyways I then resulted to change the format of the .jpg files (with paint) and resolve to .bmp! The quality is really bad but at the same time I didn't really care as long as the album art was on it. So my suggestion is to try and change to .bmp 24-bit if you want. Orrr try and uninstall it and redownload the latest Emodio on the internets. I was just so shocked that after trying both .jpeg and .png it didn't work and .bmp pulled through. So if all fails go with .bmp!

Okay that's all I had for suggestions enjoy and good luck!
Oh before people get angry. I have a Korean 5.10firmware and all of the above happened today.

Tags
album art