android
Old 05-04-2009, 04:25 PM

Default New build rockbox database issue

Excuse my ignorance I am a noob with rockbox, I did download and installed the latest rockbox on my sansa e 260, specs are 4 gig and 2 gig sd card. So i have 500 songs. I was running the database build for the first time and maybe is just my impatience but it took well over 1hour and 30 min and still running and never finished, it was over 180,000 items found, i dont have that many songs, what could be the problem here? anybody know? is it normal to take that long? thanks in advance. I never did finish the database build i uninstalled rockbox completely through the utility wizard.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

It typically takes maybe 10 seconds GB. I'd guess you have broken file tags or a corrupt file system that crashing the parser.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:42 PM

Any ideas on how to fix this? do i have to run the chkdsk? i have in the past for bad file errors or do i need to completely format the mp3 player?

Old 05-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I would run chkdsk, and then check either repair your files tags (using foobar2000 or similar standards compliant tool to rewrite them) or do a binary search looking for whatever file has a corrupt tag and then file a rockbox bug report on it so that the crash can be fixed.