android
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM

Default warning to potential zune buyers

zune customer service doesn't really exist!

the "zune team" is nothing more than a cleverly designed system for hiding issues.

carefully and thoroughly read this thread if you do not believe me:

http://forums.zune.net/0/1/454755/ShowPost.aspx#454755

at this point i feel it necessary to warn all potential buyers of this product. the above is just one issue i've uncovered (although you may see reference to others in it) that continues to be ignored by the zune team....why? because they do not exist!!

if someone in here can make someone take notice i would be greatly appreciative.

Last edited by grantpet; 04-21-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: email notification

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

TBH, I never had much faith in the Zune support team, as they had issue w/me and deleted some of my posts in the Zune forums after I became irate over their attitude to questions posed to them. They don't respond to questions, ignore issues, and never want to confirm when a problem exists. I just RMA the Zune, and be done w/it.

And, FWIW, this issue is about as old as the Zune itself, so it's nothing new. Also, the Zune software is a traumatic experience for some as well (hence the link you've posted), and iTunes really is better for manage of a device (as much as people here will argue otherwise).

I just hate that the average person mush go through so much just to enjoy some music and a few videos. M$ really needs to address quite a few issues IMO.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Zune Moderator

They may act this way on the Zune Forums, however they are no where near this way on the phone. Just call them and they will do everything they can to help you out. I have heard nothing but great things about the Zune phone support and I found them extremely helpful when I used them. The problem you see on the forums is due to the limited number of people that are actually on the forums from the team responding to questions. They have people waiting in call centers waiting for questions just like yours.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I agree, as all my calls (and I made a few) have been taken care of, and very professionally at that. It's like night and day, and they'll send you a brand new Zune if the issue can't be resolved in most cases.

My son had his XBox 360 replaced by M$ for $99.00, and it was out of warranty. He got it for free from a friend, and they knew it didn't originally belong to him. For that price he has a brand new 1, and it recently had the "Red Ring" issue. They repaired it for him w/no cost to him. On the phone they're great, in the forums,.............not so much.

I find that the Zune forums, on most sites (ABI is excellent for assistance) suck. Most Zune owners are egotistical snobs. ABI Zune owners are helpful indeed.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:47 AM

phone support was more than curtious and polite, but completely incapable of understanding the issue...

after several weeks, the "highest level of support" admitted that
--they lied about speaking english natively
--they have no additional information for troubleshooting than what is on the net
--they are not mcse certified nor do they have any practical networking experience.

since i spend the majority of my day instructing ppl with learning disabilities intricate pc operations, and undoing the damage they've done to their pc; i can say with certainty that their lack of english skills kept them from even understanding the issue....they wanted me to return my device (3 times) for something that is obviously a software issue.

they were more than nice, but have no clue how long it takes to sync 60GB! if your solution isn't in the online documentation then phone support will be of no use to you.

**got an im from someone who used to work in the dept you speak of, they were "downsized"; so obviously me and future zune owners are stuck with outsourced c/s with no additional capacity to help than the user manual.

Last edited by grantpet; 04-22-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: additional info

Old 04-27-2009, 07:28 PM

This is bull crap. They stayed on the phone with me for almost 2 hours until i was happy. I hate when people post the kind of crap about Zune. They walked me through just about everything to fix my problem and they did fix it. What,are you to lazy to dial a freakin phone number.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtyrance View Post
This is bull crap. They stayed on the phone with me for almost 2 hours until i was happy. I hate when people post the kind of crap about Zune. They walked me through just about everything to fix my problem and they did fix it. What,are you to lazy to dial a freakin phone number.
i spent 4 weeks on the phone for just one issue that their dept could not understand because they don't speak english!!

obviously you were too lazy to read the online documentation or you would've found your fix before you called them.

when zune's "highest level" of support says they will stay on the phone with me while my zune 120 is wiped and resync'd they were lying.....after 7 hours they hung up...they have no clue how long it takes to sync a large collection

they have no idea what the default wep key setting is.
they have no idea how to troubleshoot tag issues.

you got lucky. and you're a dick for the attitude!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:29 PM

the zune forum was unable to cut & paste a private message with troubleshooting steps into the thread, but were more than quick about removing a thread in which i plainly warn potential buyers of the unresolved issues zune has.

then factor in the email support has zero humans that work in it. for one issue i sent 15 emails, of the 16 automated responses, only 3 were even close to being pertinent and all of which were made moot by the email requesting assistance.

designed to hide problems!!

Old 04-30-2009, 01:24 PM

Done with your ranting yet? Though you may have had a bad experience with their phone support, many of us here and elsewhere have had exceptional support on the phone. It is common sense that some people will have issues with support. Personally I can't blame them for hanging up after 7 hours, they have a job to do. Don't assume that everyone who thinks their phone support is good is just lazy to look stuff up on the internet. This is not the case. Insulting people will not make everyone agree with you. Everyone will have a bad experience from time to time, that's life. Companies know this. The fact that the majority of the people here who have had to call phone support say it is excellent shows me that Microsoft is paying attention to having a good support staff. The fact that YOU have had a bad experience shows me that they are still human. Humans will make mistakes. It is unavoidable no matter what business your in or how good they are. The only thing they can do is strive to make the majority of the people happy and provide good service as best they can.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned

Grantpet- this does indeed sound like a trauma for you... Time to give it up, let go perhaps.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 PM

have any of you called since the zune team was split and outsourced? (dec '08 i believe).

i don't think any of you had an issue that required advanced troubleshooting, if you did then you would have experienced the same run-arounds.

if ms was paying attention to having a good support staff, then someone from the zune team would be in the thread, answering emails, or providing troubleshooting over the phone in regards to their issue about their software choking on its advance read of id3 tags.

my rant about the absence of REAL support will end when the zune team actually provides some help that is actually of some use.

its not my concern if anyone agrees with me or not, and could care less....there are more than a few others experiencing the exact same issue and many others who have an issue don't even realize yet that their issue is related. i haven't had a "bad experience", i have had zero solutions for 4 issues the zune team refuses to acknowledge. the ppl on the phone were more than nice, but lack the training necessary to even know how long their own troubleshooting steps take.

potential buyers need be aware of this: the zune may not work for you and there may not be a solution if you buy one and have an issue (and if you have a large collection, be prepared to spend alot of time in your tags).

if you're being insulted by me, then either you are making stupid statements based on ignorance (like NOT reading the posts in the thread) or started with the insults first...that guy was too stupid to even realize i stated that i called c/s.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:36 PM

Perhaps you'd care to insult me next? I know that sometimes it can get very discouraging talking to call centers and people who don't speak your native language even when they say that they do, but people responding to your ranting by saying that they never experienced your problems doesn't make them wrong. MS told you to send it in three times and you did not. If your player has a software issue and you wanted it fixed and could not manage to fix it yourself then why do you not just send it in? What's the worst that can happen? They send you back one that works? Or a new one? If you can't fix it by yourself or through customer support then get rid of it or send it in because from what I have read it is you who have the problem.

no9, Moderator

Old 04-30-2009, 02:39 PM

yes, they revolve around the fact that zune telephone pre-sales, on-line documentation, and the forum flat out lied about very specific questions i asked prior to purchase....and now are completely incapable of providing any troubleshooting steps that are actaully relevant to the questions i asked before purchase, much less actually solve any one of the issues.

*the reason i hadn't returned my device is that it had already been returned 2 times, and the reason they wanted it to be returned is not what was wrong with the device....a clue they don't know what they are doing in regards to many issues. perhaps you should read the referring thread completely and thoroughly! i don't think you will call me names with an attitude for not doing something i clearly state i do in the previous post.

i make no claim that their experience was not good or actually resolved issues...i do claim that the dept is incapable of solving/comprehending SOME issues. there is no issue with the hardware or firmware in regards to my main issue with the zune team....the software itself is incapable of handling large collections and that thread blatantly shows it.

Last edited by grantpet; 04-30-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: additonal info

Old 04-30-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantpet View Post
yes, they revolve around the fact that zune telephone pre-sales, on-line documentation, and the forum flat out lied about very specific questions i asked prior to purchase....and now are completely incapable of providing any troubleshooting steps that are actaully relevant to the questions i asked before purchase, much less actually solve any one of the issues.
None of which makes any headway towards fixing your Zune. They offered you a fix, sending it in to them, and you don't seem to want to get with the program. Everyone wants a player that works, you ranting for the sake of ranting isn't getting you any closer to your goal: having a player that works. Send it in, or find a player that better suits your needs, because I'm here to tell you all customer service is lacking. If the people on the phone could fix it they would be doing that and not answering the phone

Old 04-30-2009, 03:07 PM

if you read the thread then you would realize that returning the zune is not a fix for that issue.

i found the fix. doesn't mean potential buyers should not be warned that the entire c/s dept for zune is incapable of even providing troubleshooting steps for a specific issue many users have.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 PM

Shouldn't this thread be closed by now?

Old 04-30-2009, 03:22 PM
ABI Founder

I can assure you that there are customer service reps, i have met with them face to face on several occasions since the zune started. They are good people and try hard to make everyone happy.

Several people in this thread have pointed out that they have had good experiences with their tech support. Every now and again shit happens and im sorry that this has happened to you.

You have said your piece and let us know about your experience, can we be done now?

Closed Thread