android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2009, 02:25 AM

Exclamation Frustrated with fixing my Creative Zen Neeon

Hi there,
I am very frustrated with my Creative 5gb Zen Neeon.

When I switch it on, the player rolls through then gets stuck on the updating content screen.

I have tried the following method from Bobby RS which worked the first time, but now my computer won't recognise the player as a Player Recover Device.

I'm using Windows XP and have never had a problem until recently!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ??????

Thanks

Stu

[QUOTE=BobbyRS]

You can try mounting it as a Player Recovery Device and then formatting or reloading the firmware.

Try this:

1. Download and install this driver here and the latest MediaSource software here, as well as the Mass Storage Device plug-in for MediaSource here. Then try connecting it again to see if there is an improvement.

If that doesn't work try connecting it as a Player Recover Device:

2. Press and hold the Play button while connecting the player to the USB port. Continue to hold the Play button for about 10 seconds after connecting your player to the USB port.

3. When the Find New Hardware dialog box appears on your computer screen, release the Play button.

4. Windows should detect the player as a Player Recovery Device (or USB Device) and prompt you for drivers. Select "No" and then select "Do not search. I will choose the driver to install". Windows should now install the drivers you installed from step 1 above automatically.

5. From this point, once it is installed and is recognized properly, try to Format (using the Windows Format utility) or reload the firmware on the Neeon (by executing the downloaded firmware file from Creative).