android
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 PM

Default just got some sony bluetooth headphones

just got the DR BT50, did all the steps till it was connectable, and the P2 still couldn't find it. should it try downgrading in firmware? ive hear numerous accounts of this working with the P2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-29-2008, 10:13 AM

The DR-BT50 headphones do work with the P2 although I don't know why anyone would want to use them with this mp3 player. I tried and did not enjoy the output of this combination. The DR-BT50s have a far from flat response (extremely bass heavy at the expense of mid and high frequencies). The DR-BT50 can sound very good with a device that allows you EQ the player and bring up the mid and highs and tone down the lows while streaming. You can still get the extra thump the DR-BT50s provide without passing on the rest of the sound spectrum. The P2 & T10 are not EQ enabled while streaming A2DP. I use it on the T9B and its a good headphone once you dial out the bias using the T9Bs EQ. On the P2 & T10, it's a grave disappointment.

That being said, you should make sure your P2 is in discoverable mode (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Bluetooth Settings -> Discover Option -> Discoverable) before the pairing and follow the instructions given with the DR-BT50 to place it into pairing mode. The P2 should find the headphones with no problem. If this doesn't work, hit the reset button on the back of the unit and try again.

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 10-29-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
The DR-BT50 headphones do work with the P2 although I don't know why anyone would want to use them with this mp3 player. I tried and did not enjoy the output of this combination. The DR-BT50s have a far from flat response (extremely bass heavy at the expense of mid and high frequencies). The DR-BT50 can sound very good with a device that allows you EQ the player and bring up the mid and highs and tone down the lows while streaming. You can still get the extra thump the DR-BT50s provide without passing on the rest of the sound spectrum. The P2 & T10 are not EQ enabled while streaming A2DP. I use it on the T9B and its a good headphone once you dial out the bias using the T9Bs EQ. On the P2 & T10, it's a grave disappointment.

That being said, you should make sure your P2 is in discoverable mode (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Bluetooth Settings -> Discover Option -> Discoverable) before the pairing and follow the instructions given with the DR-BT50 to place it into pairing mode. The P2 should find the headphones with no problem. If this doesn't work, hit the reset button on the back of the unit and try again.
I got them to work and they sound great! i don't mind having extra base, it sounds like what i was missing with 30$ headphones.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:56 PM

Does the sony bluetooth headphones go loud?

Old 11-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzardxexe View Post
I got them to work and they sound great! i don't mind having extra base, it sounds like what i was missing with 30$ headphones.
Wow...I never expected that! The mids are muddy and virtually no high response with that combo. Any soft, subtle sounds disappear. Together, they are poorly mated....garbage. I'd rather use a $20 Sony EX-xx!

I think the DR BT50 sound worse than a $10 set of headphones when paired to the P2. I use a wired Shure e3c iem with the P2 with good results (a little lacking in low freq w/o tweaking). I use the DR BT50 with a T9B and with even better sound quality after EQ adjustments. What $30 pair of headphones were you using?

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 11-11-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nujabez View Post
Does the sony bluetooth headphones go loud?
Fairly loud compared to other BT headphones I've tested or used.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:09 PM

I have these headphones and they are bloody brilliant!

They sound absolutely fine, in fact sometimes the high frequencies come out a bit too strong.

However, when I paired them with my iMac, I got the very same low bassy muddy sound you were describing. Even the EQ couldn't do much to rectify it.

But bottom line, these work fine with the P2 and whats more, my headphone jack wont get messed up again

Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 PM

question: what type of wireless headphone (bluetooth headphones) can p2 support? are there type of bluetooth headphones btws? =D?