android
Old 05-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Ok I created my playlist with media monkey. made it .m3u then used m3utospl.zip to convert to .spl .... everything is good. When I copy the .spl files to my P2 they show up but they are empty! The .m3u file was not empty in media monkey. Thoughts? Probably missing something here.

Thanks for any help.

Johnny.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblues View Post
Ok I created my playlist with media monkey. made it .m3u then used m3utospl.zip to convert to .spl .... everything is good. When I copy the .spl files to my P2 they show up but they are empty! The .m3u file was not empty in media monkey. Thoughts? Probably missing something here.

Thanks for any help.

Johnny.
Scrap that...I was missing the Music\ in the front ....all is good.

Johnny

Old 05-28-2008, 06:48 PM

Couple things I've noticed when making playlists (one issue may just be me, I'm not sure).

First of all, if you are coding the lists by hand, be sure the filenames are exact. I know sometimes the converter will throw out some strange results with nonstandard characters (, , , etc). And if a space somehow gets into a line after the file extension, it won't see the file. That particular one drove me INSANE until I noticed it.

For the one that's probably just me, has anyone noticed how the device throws a fit if you edit the playlists on the PC from the device itself? I can edit, save, unplug and let it update the library. After that, however, the list is all kinds of jacked up. I have to move the list to the PC, update the library, edit, save, move BACK to the player, then update again for it to work. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:35 PM

Try Mediamonkey for playlists. Works great!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:39 PM

Using MediaMonkey 3.0, it would not work as described. In one of the comments it was mentioned the "local path". I keep getting "H:/Music" as the path in MM 3.0. Could anyone suggest how to get rid of path(drive letter) so it is local path? Once created, I opened .m3u playlist in Notepad. In front of each file were two periods. I went through and deleted each of the two periods before each path name, saved file, then converted to .spl. That worked. Any suggestions to knock out this extra step? Please advise.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 AM

I'm using WinAmp 5.0 (ol skool) and found that when I make the M3U it tags the drive letter before the location of the file

eg; F:\Music\bleh.mp3

I just opened up the spl file in Notepad --> Replaced all F: with "NOTHING". Done.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Samsung Moderator

Yes, the path is very important. Generally what I do is just write my own m3u file, but since that isn't really the point of this thread, I sort of omitted that. What's more important than getting the playlist is getting it to work, so I suppose it's important to note that the list must start assuming that the root of the player has no drive letter. So if you start Music\Bleh.mp3, your file will index correctly on the P2.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Samsung Moderator

Ok, but why type all that out when you can use a playlist generator and the link above to create the SPL much faster?

Just my reasoning, but for any playlist longer than ten songs or so, wouldn't that get tedious?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:58 PM

Thank you! Damn I was so sick of doing them by hand within the p2.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:30 PM

I use mediamonkey for playlist transfers. Works flawlessly without any converters. Hm
Jabra BT620s

Old 10-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Samsung Moderator

Is your P2 UMS mode or MTP mode?

Old 03-20-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I finally got tired of not having playlists for my P2 with UMS. I think the .spl playlist format is ludicrous. So I did some digging through the forums and found this program created by forum member m1lk. Kind of him to create this program.

The long and short of it is, that you're just going to make an .m3u playlist the way you would have before for any other device.

1) If you make your .m3u playlists by hand, go ahead and just make a list of files that you want in your playlist, and make it relative to your device. So you'd make it look like this: /MUSIC/where/you/songs/are/song.mp3 relative to your device.

2) Alternatively, you can also use winamp or mediamonkey to make your playlist using their built in playlist creators.

3) Open this handy little program and select the playlist file. Click convert and it will output a new file of format .spl You can then just put that .spl in the playlist folder on your device and if you like, you can delete the original .m3u file.

Hope this helps you all as it did me.... And thanks again m1lk

Same trick works for P3 with UMS firmware too.

Thank u soooo much

Old 04-20-2009, 05:58 PM

I have 5.10 KR in UMS mode.

maybe i'm wrong, is there any function in player to manually add songs into playlist in 5.10 KR firmware & UMS mode? if yes how?
thx.

Last edited by somethingnew; 04-20-2009 at 06:04 PM.

Tags
p2, ums